Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone see the WSOB Cheetah championship today?

Chats: 25

That guy Roche has to have one of the weirdest looking bowling deliveries I've ever seen. I thought Shafer's delivery was weird....

I like his jersey though - I want one!

Quote Originally Posted by AZBowla View Post
    That guy Roche has to have one of the weirdest looking bowling deliveries I've ever seen. I thought Shafer's delivery was weird....

I like his jersey though - I want one!
    I have to agree that his delivery was very strange looking indeed. And I also loved his jersey. We will have to keep our eyes open for some in the near future.

I couldn't stand this guy's delivery. I just find it curious that they don't try to get a more traditional approach.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyBowler View Post
    I couldn't stand this guy's delivery. I just find it curious that they don't try to get a more traditional approach.
    "They"? What they are you talking about? This isn't the WWE where some mid level manager is deciding which actor, oops, wrestler will be the next champ. Anyone who meets certain standards, like a 200+ average, and can pay the annual dues can be a member of the PBA.

Even back in the 60s when conditions dictated a more traditional approach, many of the pros had distinct styles.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyBowler View Post
    Maybe because his approach works, he did qualify second for a PBA tourney. He would whoop you in a game, that's for sure. He's the guy, that when you walk into a bowling center, you see him and think "I want to bowl him for money." Then, you walk out with your pockets empty. I remember Randy Pederson saying the say thing about Walter Ray. Don't sleep on guys just cause you don't like the way they look throwing the ball. This isn't ice skating, or gymnastics, where how you look is important.
    Last edited by MisterSinister; 12-31-2012 at 08:51 AM.
    Sinister is the only way to live.

Cranker
    Chats: 7

I have made 2 observations of Rouche-

1)He may have suffered some type of arm or shoulder injury,which my be reason why he bowls like that.

2)He appeared to be heavily medicated. He looked like he was having trouble opening his eyes when on appraoch and in his interview he seemed out of it.

Zothen

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Quote Originally Posted by Zothen View Post
    I have made 2 observations of Rouche-

1)He may have suffered some type of arm or shoulder injury,which my be reason why he bowls like that.

2)He appeared to be heavily medicated. He looked like he was having trouble opening his eyes when on appraoch and in his interview he seemed out of it.

Zothen
    Agreed! Especially on #2 I would have probably put money on him being high. He looked like he had just got done smoking up and was just looking for some pop tarts!
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

I don't know about him "being high" He does look like he could play Lurch if they ever did a new Adam Family.
    Sinister is the only way to live.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSinister View Post
    I don't know about him "being high" He does look like he could play Lurch if they ever did a new Adam Family.
    Not high, med condition called lazy eye If I had to guess. Looks a little tiny bit more handicap than myself, but I almost look as bad!!

BUT!!! ...I will bowl anyone & I mean anyone as I am also a member who is just starting out.

C'mon Mayor let's bowl!!! hehe...just thought I would drop in and say Hi to the one & only Mayorrrrrrrrrrrr!!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by AZBowla

Talk about having a weird approach has anyone ever watched Wayne Garber bowl?
    Of coarse his weird approach is from him having an accident and hurting his leg or
    was it his knee.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast