Thread: Roto Grip Defiant Soul Bowling Ball Video - UBowling.com

Default Roto Grip Defiant Soul Bowling Ball Video - UBowling.com

We have uploaded a short video of the new Roto Grip Defiant Soul. We used the Brunswick Phase 1 sport pattern, it is a 2.4:1 ratio and 36 feet long. This ball is amazing so far. The ball is drilled 45x4"x30. I absolutely LOVE the reaction I get with it. The original Defiant is my favorite ball ever, but this one already has me second guessing. I think this is going to be one of the best balls that Roto Grip has made to date. I hear the Distrubed is just as good, but I wouldn't know. Yet...

Check out the video!

I am hoping to get some more video of others throwing it and of different lane patterns to put together a longer video down the road.

This entire video was filmed and edited on my iPhone 4S.
    Levi "Lucky" Lauck - USBC Silver Coach - U.B.A. Member

UBowling.com is a new bowling website created as a resource of bowling news, reviews and information to help grow and improve the bowling community.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

iPhone? Wow that's good quality for a phone! I like how you filmed different areas of play and the reaction derived from it.
    The layout is for a speed dominant player (if my memory serves me correctly) so why did you choose that layout?
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

This layout was actually chosen for me by Hank Boomershine of Storm. He thought it would be a good layout for me. So far I like it, but I don't know if that is more because of the ball itself, or the layout and the ball. I will try the layout on another ball sometime soon and see if it is a good one for me or if it will be specific to a certain type of ball.
    Last edited by UBowling; 12-24-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: typos
    Levi "Lucky" Lauck - USBC Silver Coach - U.B.A. Member

UBowling.com is a new bowling website created as a resource of bowling news, reviews and information to help grow and improve the bowling community.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I was asking because I chose a 50° X 4 X 30° for my Marauder and love the way it reacts even when my speed drops some. My feeling at the time was that a speed dominant layout would allow me to move easier when my play was rev dominant compared to using a matched or rev dominant layout on nights when my speed was up. Not sure how sound my logic was but it seems to be working.
    I also used that same layout for a friend who is a pure stroker with medium revs on his Cyclone and he loves it. It was just a guess though, no real logic to back it up.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com