Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowlers' Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
    What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? Having different bowlers with different styles throw the same ball. It's impressive to see a cranker really rev one up and go coast to coast, but that doesn't help me. Would like to see someone who's more my style throw the ball the way I do. So having a cranker, a stroker and someone in between throw the same ball is very helpful.
    I gotta say, this irks me a lot. I feel like the majority of the time I watch videos, it's just some guy throwing fast who cranks it. That's great and all and I don't mind sitting there, watching people throw edited shots of strike after strike, but I bowl ~15mph and I'm a tweener. It doesn't help me to see what a guy throwing a 18mph cranked ball does.

Ringer
    Chats: 23

What is your bowling average? 160

What do you like to know most about new bowling balls? I like to see them compared to other balls as well as how they perform for "joe bowler". I don't want to see a pro roll it, or a company rep roll it. I want a normal league bowler to show me what it does. I like to see multiple lines played.

What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? Different lines played.

What kind of bowling articles are most entertaining for you? I like human interest and teaching articles.

What do you struggle with most in your game? Consistency

How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? $50 an hour
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Thank you for all of the feedback so far, it is great to get these opinions from such a variety of bowlers!
    Levi "Lucky" Lauck - USBC Silver Coach - U.B.A. Member

UBowling.com is a new bowling website created as a resource of bowling news, reviews and information to help grow and improve the bowling community.

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post

How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? Depends on the coach. I would come up with a way to pay for a lesson with Hank Boomershine or Del Ballard. I would need at least two hours though as the first hour I would be too nervous to bowl correctly. I paid $100 for my seminar/clinic with Ron Hatfield and Andy Parker.
    Hey Bill I work with Hank a couple times every month. Would you like me to ask him if he will be in your area anytime soon? Or maybe details on getting a video analysis done if you send him a video?

UBowling.com is a new bowling website created as a resource of bowling news, reviews and information to help grow and improve the bowling community.

I am especially glad to hear the feedback about the bowling videos. We are trying to find better ways to make better videos. Currently the best thing I have come up with is throwing on multiple lane patterns and having multiple people throw the ball. We have some videos coming up where two people throw the same exact ball and because of switch grips it makes it easier to get a comfortable fit for each person.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by UBowling View Post
    Hey Bill I work with Hank a couple times every month. Would you like me to ask him if he will be in your area anytime soon? Or maybe details on getting a video analysis done if you send him a video?
    That would be awesome. I have the utmost respect for the man and would definitely go if he was anywhere near me in 2013.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UBowling View Post
    I am especially glad to hear the feedback about the bowling videos. We are trying to find better ways to make better videos. Currently the best thing I have come up with is throwing on multiple lane patterns and having multiple people throw the ball. We have some videos coming up where two people throw the same exact ball and because of switch grips it makes it easier to get a comfortable fit for each person.

This can be a bit costly so not an all the time thing BUT how about the same bowler, same pattern, same line but with different layouts? Something like this might really help a lot of bowlers understand how layouts can affect their game and maybe what type of layout would best suit them. Most have no clue where to even start or how to describe what reaction they really want to their driller.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Chats: 243

What is your bowling average? 151
    What do you like to know most about new bowling balls? how they perform on THS
    What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? They show diff bowlers with different styles
    What kind of bowling articles are most entertaining for you? Articles that put things in laymans terms instead of throwing a bunch of numbers at me
    What do you struggle with most in your game? Consistency
    How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? idk what typical pay is but prob 10$ a lesson
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    This can be a bit costly so not an all the time thing BUT how about the same bowler, same pattern, same line but with different layouts? Something like this might really help a lot of bowlers understand how layouts can affect their game and maybe what type of layout would best suit them. Most have no clue where to even start or how to describe what reaction they really want to their driller.
    just throwing this out there, why not one bowler, all styles? find some super ninja bowler that can vary revs, speed, etc to the extreme!
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by e-tank View Post
    How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? idk what typical pay is but prob 10$ a lesson
    You are only willing to pay a professional that has spent time and money honing their craft $10 an hour? Plus you're in the most expensive state in the lower 48. There's an old saying that comes to mind: you get what you pay for. The average in your area is $70. I'm the lowest I know of at $25 for 90 minutes but I'm also in an area that has 18% unemployment and the average hourly wage is $12/hour.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast