Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bowlers' Feedback

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by UBowling View Post
    I would like to get some feedback from all of you bowlers out there. I have a theory that the majority of bowlers who search for information online are bowlers who average between 150-180. I would like to know what the majority of bowlers find important so I can try to make sure that UBowling.com is as appealing as it can be.

So if you could answer the questions below I would appreciate it.

What is your bowling average? 165

What do you like to know most about new bowling balls? How they work on THS pattern and my style of bowling.

What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? See how they work for a stroker, tweener and a cranker.

What kind of bowling articles are most entertaining for you? Anything that goes from the approach to the release. Any little thing that I can find in those types of articles
    that can help me out.

What do you struggle with most in your game? Adjusting to oil breakdown. Sometimes I just can't find the pocket once I lose it no matter how I adjust on a THS pattern.

How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game?
    $35.00 for an hour

Chats: 0

What is your bowling average? My league average is 150....when I bowl for fun it's maybe 10 or 15 pins higher

What do you like to know most about new bowling balls? The color schemes...really....a ball from most manufacturers for a bowler of my level are probably similar if they are designed for similar conditions and I always do better (golf,disc golf,bowling etc.) with equipment I'm digging.

What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? How the ball works with different bowling styles and different drilling patterns.

What kind of bowling articles are most entertaining for you? Articles on technique that are not full of bowling lingo.(Example...aimed over 30 board for this breakpoint)...I know what it means it just doesnt read well to me and I wouldnt aim like those guys anyway probably)

What do you struggle with most in your game? Consitant release and adjusting to the proper mark...of all those the release hurts my scores the most.

How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? I'm so broke I couldnt get out of sight if it took a quarter to go around the world.....but I's probably throw 50 bucks at a coach if they could give me 20 pins on my average!!!

What is your bowling average? 182 (on the way down )
    What do you like to know most about new bowling balls? Conditions the ball works best on. I don't want to see every single reaction video of the ball being thrown on a house pattern.
    What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? Watching breakpoints, recovery, how it goes through the pins.
    What kind of bowling articles are most entertaining for you? Ones that encourage bowlers to be who they are, rather than change thier whole game, but there aren't a lot of those out there.
    What do you struggle with most in your game? Consistancy. One night I'm lights out, other night it's like someone turned the lights out, and I'm bowling blind.
    How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? If I had to pay, $35-$40 for an hour. Can't get that around here though, it's $50 for an hour everywhere I look. Thankfully I have a buddy who is very good and gives me lessons for free.
    Sinister is the only way to live.

Chats: 243

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    You are only willing to pay a professional that has spent time and money honing their craft $10 an hour? Plus you're in the most expensive state in the lower 48. There's an old saying that comes to mind: you get what you pay for. The average in your area is $70. I'm the lowest I know of at $25 for 90 minutes but I'm also in an area that has 18% unemployment and the average hourly wage is $12/hour.
    It was just a number i threw out there with no ability of being accurate as i know nothing about the rates.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by e-tank View Post
    It was just a number i threw out there with no ability of being accurate as i know nothing about the rates.
    No problem. I understand. It would be like me thinking I could get a personal trainer for $8 an hour. Wishful thinking that ain't happening lol
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    No problem. I understand. It would be like me thinking I could get a personal trainer for $8 an hour. Wishful thinking that ain't happening lol
    haha thats the pay for them at chain gyms. But i see your point i really just didnt take the question that serious

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Chain gyms don't have real personal trainers. They have adult baby sitters while the yuppies struggle with 5 lbs weights
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

when why theyre paid min wage

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123