Thread: Fox or hound in league?

Chats: 0

Default Fox or hound in league?

So do you like chasing the other team or being chased? I like chasing the other team. I bowl so much better if I know I have to go above my average where my team mates like being ahead and keeping the pressure on them. Our league is so up and down that we might have a 12 pin lead to a 200+ pin hole to dig out of with 18 teams in the league.

I wish there were more foxes in my league. There are a bunch of hounds though. If you know what i mean. LOL.

I like bowling ahead. But my team isn't very good so we only have less handicap than like 2 other teams on a 17 team league.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    In the bag: Storm IQ, Storm Lucid,Storm Frantic,Brunswick T-Zone .
    High Game: 299 High Series: 725

Cranker
    Chats: 7

I prefer to be the fox and have the hounds chase me. Being the leader forces me to have to bowl better to keep the top spot.

Zothen

Chats: 723

Depends on the league, on my Saturday youth league, I'm high average so i guess that makes me the fox , but Friday nights I'm constantly trying to out bowl my team captain (19 average)
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by 75lockwood View Post
    Depends on the league, on my Saturday youth league, I'm high average so i guess that makes me the fox , but Friday nights I'm constantly trying to out bowl my team captain (19 average)
    Sounds like when my dad and I bowled together. My wife is convinced, ( she may be correct ), that Dad and I were more concerned with beating each other than with beating the other team!
    John

Chats: 0

I dont mind the pressure of being behind, but it sure is much nicer to be ahead.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I prefer being ahead. evidently my Monday night team prefers being behind. We were in first with six weeks to go in the first half. In two weeks of position round we went from fourth (yes, fell from first to fourth in six weeks) to winning the half. The rest of the team bowled lights out for two weeks while I bowled around average or slightly below. The two weeks to start the second half we had the same two teams we crushed to win. I bowled lights out while most of the team struggled. Derrick and I were the only ones to get points those two weeks.

For me, there is no pressure in bowling. It's a game, not life or death. After making real life or death decisions, the rest of life is easy and stress free.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

I like being on the one in front. There is an intimidation factor. Sometimes my opponents psych themselves out when bowling against me. Sometimes it's because they think I'm sandbagging, sometime because they think I'm lucky, sometimes they are just intimidated by my massive power and rev rate Either way, being in front is nice. Being behind isn't so bad either, cause everyone knows that a beast is lurking behind them, looking to strike.
    Trying not to suck, one day at a time.