Thread: Just bowled my best game ever!!!

Default Just bowled my best game ever!!!

So long story but....

Took the family out bowling today and we had planned on lunch first. We were going to eat shnitzel but found out the place was closed (disapointment level jumped way up). Afterwards we changed our mind to go eat at the minimall. After discussing with the wife we decided eating at the diner in the bowling alley would be better as the kids would not be argueing about where they want to eat. After we sat down there was a rush at the diner and we ended up waiting for an hour to eat. At this point me not eating breakfast and having to wait over an hour for lunch I was in a horrible mood. We finally get done eating and start to bowl...

My bowling was just going horrible I can't seem to get my spares and I can't find a good line for my strikes (I was trying a bit of a different style for a slightly bigger hook). Game #1 ends up with a 146 now I am really having a bad day. Game # 2 starts and I can't hit a strike to save my life I end up not hitting a strike until i get 2 in the tenth frame. Game ends with a 155...

At this point I need to regain my composure. Me and the wife go outside to have a smoke before the third game starts and she calms me down a ton. I decide I will try to go back to my normal style with the smaller hook. First ball i miss my mark a bit but still hit a stike on the brooklyn side. Second frame same thing. They were not pretty but i will take the strikes. From then on I could not miss my mark, I hit flush in the pocket everytime. End up with X,X,X,X,X,X,9/,X,X,9/X for a total of 258!!!! Beat my best game by 16 pins!!! My horrible day turned out great just from my wife being able to cheer me up and pull me out of my bad mood.

My only problem is that I am extremely happy with the score but I was so close (in my eyes) to the 300 game and I couldn't pull it out.

Chats: 19

Im not surprised with your 258, but Im shocked there was an hour wait for food at your bowling alley diner! Hahaha. Theres normally an hour long wait for an ambulance after people eat the food at our bowling alley.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

You were close. Two pins away....Congrats on the new high game
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 243

congrats man. I always get excited when i get a high score and i cant wait to come home and post about it here haha
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Nice work!

Chats: 0

Nice......and the ambulance comment cracked me up.

Chats: 0

Congrats on the high game. I know how you feel about getting close to a 300 game. Talk about close. I had all strikes except for a spare in the 8th frame for a 276 game. I don't know what happened in the 8th but the ball just dropped early off my hand. I got no lift on it at all.