Thread: Economy talk

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Smile Economy talk

OK, so the economy is on everything. And some of you may not want to comment on this as BowlingBoards.com is a place to get away from life at times.

But for any of you that want to talk about this, what do you think? Are we really in a bad spot?

I am not very educated, yet I think that if the media did not constantly talk about moneys woes and this that and the other, then we would feel better about spending a dollar. Also what about our recession? Is choosing between starbucks and gas mean that we are in a recession? I think not. I think we are in a time of decision. We need to decide between wants and needs. Paying 20 bucks for parking at Giants stadium is bad, yet if we are so used to blowing money and now we need to tighten up a bit does not mean we are in a recession.

But that's just my 2 cents.
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 19

Truth is, anyone who says they know is a liar. These are unprecedented times. The dow is changing almost every day, as companies are added and dropped. It's never been a good indicator of the stock market, but these days it's even worse. They just announced we're in a recession, but the recession started in December of 07. One year in.

You have to judge the stock market by percentages to see where we really stand. The market is much different than it was, even 10 years ago. The whole thing is so strange... Truth of the matter is, we might just be seeing the tip of the ice berg, OR we could be out of this by next summer (some of the forecasters seem to think that).
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Theses are very sad times....Im glad gas is going down
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    Truth is, anyone who says they know is a liar. These are unprecedented times. The dow is changing almost every day, as companies are added and dropped. It's never been a good indicator of the stock market, but these days it's even worse. They just announced we're in a recession, but the recession started in December of 07. One year in.

You have to judge the stock market by percentages to see where we really stand. The market is much different than it was, even 10 years ago. The whole thing is so strange... Truth of the matter is, we might just be seeing the tip of the ice berg, OR we could be out of this by next summer (some of the forecasters seem to think that).

Wow great view. That makes sense we are a year in. You need to have your own blog to talk about whatever you want. You are very smart and you have a great way to put things into words we all can understand.

Thanks for all of your help
    Go Broncos!

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

I think we are in worst times after 1940. Economy is down and we are having a huge huge burden on our backs in form of repayment of bailout money. I don't think we shall stabilize before next 2-3 years atleast.

Our economy is the worst it has been maybe ever. I know at one time the market collapsed, but these days with all the bailouts, I would say it is worst than then. Everyone who owns a fortune 500 company has nothing to worry about. They can do all kind of unethical and stupid business moves without any worry. The US government will just come along and then bail them out. I mean that is horrible. And the more they do this the more they destroy the working man. No one bails me out when I fail. But because of the bailout I owe more taxes. And eventually the dollar will crash and we will all be poor. I can see it happening soon. You better stock up on diamonds and gold.
    Epic Opinion- Have an opinion? Maybe its epic? Let us know!