Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many bowling teams wear uniforms!!!! Lol

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default How many bowling teams wear uniforms!!!! Lol

Guy that Manic, and Iceman bowl with wants us to wear The SAME BOWLING shirts that have a Airplane Making an landing approach to KCI Airport!

He is a newbie air traffic controller!!

I told him the last uniform I wore was during the Vietnam War, and I don’t plan on wearing one again,,lol,,,,,,Its too Gay for me,,,, ((((((((((((not that I have problems with gays))))))))) I just don’t like dressing up like everyone else, and bowl

Next thing he will want is matching balls!!! And that’s just going too far IMHO!!! Where do you STOP,,,, Matching underware, socks, shoe's!!!

I let him know that this Ironworker does not fly the frendly skys of Matching shirts Arlines!! lol

http://youtu.be/p6z0Zay9itk

ONE of my favorite scenes of the movie, AND THE MAIN REASON I don't like UNIFORMS,,, can you imagine a team with blue Jump suits like his!! LOL I like Goodman's LAST LINE IN THE CLIP!!!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 12-29-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

My Tuesday Men's league, all the teams are required to have and wear team shirts. The company sponsor pays for them so I don't care. Of course mine also has a BowlerX.com patch on it.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Blog Entries

NOW,,, if HE would have offered to PAY MY BOWLING, I would have bowled with a any,,,, ANY shirt he wanted,,,,, I have my price, and can be bought! I am just not CHEAP!!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

I would wear a team jersey if my team would do it. Don't think the rest of my team would do it though. Nothing wrong with showing your team pride. Plus, I would design the jersey myself. When I was racing RC cars, I designed the t shirts for my team, and we all wore matching shirts to major races.
    Trying not to suck, one day at a time.

Blog Entries

Default nothing wrong with showing team pride

Good point!! I have no pride!!! lol I lost it all when I joined my first league!! LOL Going back to the thread, why do I suck at least one game out of 3!! Except for a few times in my life!

one of the teams I am on has a team jersey but noone is required to wear them Getting the team shirt is a perk of being on the team

They do occasionaly wear them for position night or the fun night stuff like that.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 0

I am team captain and what I say goes.....just kidding...but my neighbor and good friend is on the team and runs a business where we can get custom printing done pretty cheap. We got really nice shirts and then had a pot bellied beer drinking rat put on the front...with our names too of course.

We are the "Dirty Rats" and we look pretty styling when we are on the lanes. If you forget your shirt....first beer is on you!!

Chats: 19

We had shirts one year. We were in a league that was taking itself way too seriously. There were a couple teams that were wearing very ridiculous shirts, that would make anyone cringe... So we decided to poke some fun at the other teams. We named our team Cobra Kai the next session (it's from the movie Karate Kid) and bought these shirts:

There's a motto on the back that says:
    Strike First
    Strike Hard
    Show No Mercy!

We thought it was hilarious! About 1/4 the teams in that league agreed, and we actually got a complaint from one of the more serious teams (they said the shirts were inappropriate, but there are no profanities or obscene gestures... It was brought to our attention, but the league dismissed the complaint). hahahaha. That made us feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing we did our job!

But are bowling shirts gay???? Hmmmmm... I'm going to say they are if they're not done in humor, or an obvious satire. Bowling shirts = gay. NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!! hahahaha

Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Blog Entries

http://youtu.be/p6z0Zay9itk

How about JUMP SUITS for bowling ...... any thoughts!!!!! Check this out!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

No!!!!!
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast