Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AZ Bowler

Chats: 25

He AZ bowlers, fellow Phoenix area bowler here, closest lanes to me is the AMF Tempe Village lanes. I love to go, but it's so EXPENSIVE! I took my GF and her son bowling with me last week and for 2 hours of bowling plus shoes for the two of them was around $40! We got 3 games each in, which isn't too bad I guess - about $4.50 a game, but that's still kinda spendy, IMHO. Where's a good place to bowl in Phoenix where I can pay closer to $2 or $3 per game? Any secret handshake deals or discounts? Also looking to join a league next year if anyone has any recommendations - looking for a league where fun is more important than pincount.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by AZBowla View Post
    He AZ bowlers, fellow Phoenix area bowler here, closest lanes to me is the AMF Tempe Village lanes. I love to go, but it's so EXPENSIVE! I took my GF and her son bowling with me last week and for 2 hours of bowling plus shoes for the two of them was around $40! We got 3 games each in, which isn't too bad I guess - about $4.50 a game, but that's still kinda spendy, IMHO. Where's a good place to bowl in Phoenix where I can pay closer to $2 or $3 per game? Any secret handshake deals or discounts? Also looking to join a league next year if anyone has any recommendations - looking for a league where fun is more important than pincount.
    I don't know about Phoenix, but AMF has been known run dollar a game promotions. They are usually in the form of coupons in one of the direct mail envelopes.

Also most bowling centers have some sort of discount for league bowlers. For last summer it was almost half off here in Fairfield, CT. This fall / winter its about 30%.
    John

Yep, leagues are my next step after getting and breaking in my new ball. I'd like my GF to join me as well, but she has back problems and might not be able to. Still she says she'll go and cheer me on, so there's always that. I also joined their rewards club and got some $5 coupons in the mail, so that helps.

Chats: 16

I'm in AZ as well. League bowling makes your practice a little cheaper. I usually go midnight bowling on fridays for 15$ for 3 hours and practice Sundays which is free for 2 hours for my league

The midnight bowling thing is a great deal when you're by yourself or with one other adult. With little kids though, ugh. You pay $15 for them too and they bowl maybe 1 or 2 games (taking twice as long as the adults do of course) before becoming restless and cranky - not a good fit for us. The AMF center I go to though had that 2 hours for $8 deal that was pretty good - I think next time we go I'll have my GF pay separately and ask them to put us both next to each other so we get 2 lanes. That way the little ones can bowl on one lane while she and I play the other side and get some more game time in.

There's an alley we go to in Tucson sometimes that has great prices. With shoe rental and nearly 4 hours of game time for my girlfriend, myself, my two daughters and her son, I still got out of there for less than $20. The lanes aren't in the best shape but at that price, who the heck cares! The house is called Santa Cruz Lanes in Tucson, look them up if you go to Tucson regularly, it's a good place to bowl for dirt cheap.

Here's another good link for Phoenix AZ bowlers on a budget: http://letitrollbowl.com/pricing - these guys are currently offering $1 per game on Mondays from 2pm to 7pm, which is as far as I know the best deal in town right now for bowling. Definitely worth checking out.

I'll post more as I find 'em.

Old, stale thread but I work a stone's throw from Kyrene and normally bowl at AMF in Temp on Rural.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12