Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Next Big Thing In Bowling?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

Default The Next Big Thing In Bowling?

A few weeks ago Chris Barnes was wearing one at the WBT finals. The next week, Jeff Roche was wearing one. If you watched the Blemo vs Vin Gerard video, he was wearing one. Now, you can wear one as well:

http://www.high5gear.com/store/custo...wersleeve.html

So, is this the next craze? Are we going to see people all over our local bowling centers wearing power sleeves? They only show the Blemo ones in this link, but the make Chris Barnes ones, Tommy Jones one, solid color, and custom ones as well. Thinking about picking one up myself and trying it out.
    Trying not to suck, one day at a time.

Chats: 0

They are no different than the sleeves other pro sports use like basketball players. It just keeps your muscles/joints warm so they don't tighten up.....at least that's how they advertise them for other sports

Chats: 0

How about just wearing a long sleeve sweatshirt or a pullover or a hoodie?

Chats: 326

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    How about just wearing a long sleeve sweatshirt or a pullover or a hoodie?
    How about NO

Chats: 723

I'm sure the company is just trying to get some exposure by sponsoring bowlers, the product doesn't look to be anything new, pitchers have been wearing them forever. doesn't seem all that necessary for a bowler that is in a temperature controlled environment.......
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

Quote Originally Posted by 75lockwood View Post
    I'm sure the company is just trying to get some exposure by sponsoring bowlers, the product doesn't look to be anything new, pitchers have been wearing them forever. doesn't seem all that necessary for a bowler that is in a temperature controlled environment.......
    Ok, so then why do basketball player wear them? It's climate controlled in basketball arenas, but look at how many NBA players wear them. I just think it would be interesting to try. Obviously this company is just marketing the same product you can buy in sports authority, but putting Belmos name on it and charging more. I do think there is something to the concept, especially for bowler who bowl 30+ games a week. Keeps the muscles warm and loose, that could help. Now, you may looks a little weird wearing one, but no weirder that someone wearing a wrist positioning device. Especially the ones with the one extended finger, those thing look incredibly silly.

thought about trying a sleeve a while ago. My problem is without using my thumb, I need my arm to help control the ball, and that material is slippery. I would create issues. I wish they would make one with a tacky surface on the inside. Then it would help keep the ball gripped to my arm, and keep my muscles loose and warm.
    Trying not to suck, one day at a time.

Chats: 19

I thought this was a spambot thread before I saw who posted it. Hahahaha. I was fully prepared to buy ugs!

I say go for it. If youtruly believe it will make a difference, it probably will. Bowling is ALMOST as mental as golf! Almost...
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

They can make a difference by allowing your body heat to keep the joint warm. The warmth helps keep blood flowing through there. As a person who bowls with an entrapped ulnar nerve, heat helps! That being said, High5 in that link, doesn't even offer a size that would fit me Guess I will have to get one from where the NBA guys get theirs (if I bother at all).
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

I thought this was a thread about me!
    Sinister is the only way to live.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by JaMau24 View Post
    How about NO
    How about a wet suit? Would be a way of keeping muscles warm, and in place, which is important in bowling and over 40!! A wet suit with a bowling pin design!! Cool!!! Also keep oil off of cloths! Can you picture a huge body length bowling pin design, matching frount and back!!! I might have something here!!!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 12-31-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast