Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brand of Bowling Shoe??

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by JaMau24 View Post
    If you actually did want to slide, you could just by the interchangeable sole and glue it to the bottom of your sandal, like AZBowla said. I saw a guy at a tourney wearing a pair of Nike's that did that.
    I might have to give this a shot!! hummmm...

Blog Entries

Default siding and a 300 game!!

I wounder if I did start sliding if my average, and chance to get that 300, and 800 series, would be increased, or my likely!! I very interested in how many bolwers slide, and what brand they use, and their average with the brand of shoe! To Slide, or not to Slide,,, that is the question!! I have been so close without the slide,,, but,,,,, wonder!! Is it time for change??

Chats: 7

Low average bowler and I slide. I use Dexter Men's Ricky II Wide with a teflon sliding pad on the soul.
    Arsenal: 14# Storm Tropical Heat Orange/Purple; 14# 900 Global Hook! Red/Yellow Solid; 14# 900 Global Train; 14# Brunswick Twister Urethane; 12# Brunswick "The Pearl" plastic.

Chats: 243

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    I have seen that pair before, and If I could cut the toe area out and it still hold together that would work.
    My problem is that my toes need to be free!! It causes pain when I have them compressed inside a shoe for periods of time.

I can handle it for, a short period of time! Every time I have bowled with bowling shoes my feet start to ache, begin to tingle, and feel like they are going numb, then Pain! This is related to a back injury I am sure! With OPEN TOE sandals I don’t have that problem, might look into having them done professionally!

I bet it would help my bowling to be able to slide! I guess I could adapt a Dexter interchangeable sole,,, hummmm ,,, wonder what slide surface to put on the shoe??
    id say cutting the front off those would prob look better than cutting it off normal bowling shoes. And i think the whole gluing a sliding pad to your normal sandals thing is a great idea too
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Chats: 326

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    I wounder if I did start sliding if my average, and chance to get that 300, and 800 series, would be increased, or my likely!! I very interested in how many bolwers slide, and what brand they use, and their average with the brand of shoe! To Slide, or not to Slide,,, that is the question!! I have been so close without the slide,,, but,,,,, wonder!! Is it time for change??
    Well, being that bowling shoes are made to slide, and being that the "proper" form teaches one to slide, I would guess 95% of bowlers slide, and probably upwards of 99% of serious, HIGH average bowlers slide (*note, these numbers are based off no supporting proof, but rather my opinion and what I've observed). I've yet to see a pro not slide, and have yet to see a 220+ avg guy not slide. That's just me though. I'm sure there is some high average guys somewhere that don't slide (maybe lol). I just can't imagine it.

Sliding lets you complete the full bowling motion and gives you the proper release on the ball, and would more than likely increase one's revs and accuracy IF done correctly and balanced.

With all of your injuries and pain, I'm not sure it'd be beneficial to you. It can't hurt to try though, well I guess maybe it can! Be careful. Can't have you getting injured! You'd also have to completely change your approach. You couldn't softly put your lead foot down anymore at the foul line (if you wanted to slide). You'd have to actually have an approach that would be created around you sliding at the end.

So ask yourself, Do you have the pain tolerance and balance to fully slide? and do you want to completely renovate your approach in the middle of the season (or at anytime for that matter)?
    Last edited by JaMau24; 12-30-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Jason brought up some good points considering your health. However, sliding would help. While not all pros have a long slide they all have at least a little, some only 2". All my great games had some slide. Sliding does add margin of error to the release.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

I have Dexter SSt6s. Current avg is 199
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    In the bag: Storm IQ, Storm Lucid,Storm Frantic,Brunswick T-Zone .
    High Game: 299 High Series: 725

Blog Entries

Default new years resolution for ICEMAN

As a new year’s resolution, I am going to venture into SLIDING!! I might start with a almost new pair I have, and cut the toes out!! If that works, I might try to find a way of making a pair that looked decent.
    I know a damn good shoe shop guy not far from my place!
    Sandals are soooooo much more comfortable to me with the back/foot problem, (nerve damage)! I am working on that problem, and hope to reduce the discomfort by 50 percent in the near future with my new working out routine. When something isn’t working right in regards to my body, I find a natural way to fix it!! I am a fighter in that regards!!!

Chats: 243

Can i ask what happened to you? Was it a specific even like a car crash or just something that developed? I just have an interest in this kinda stuff
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Chats: 0

I currently am wearing these

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/...ide-Width.html

I have pretty wide feet and there is a lot of room to spare. They are seriously almost square. You can pay and extra $5 and then if they don't fit, you don't have to pay shipping to send them back. Might be worth a shot. They are very high quality and comfortable. Good luck with your search
    Cheers - Ryan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast