Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brand of Bowling Shoe??

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Brand of Bowling Shoe??

I don't wear bowling shoes, do to feet problems! I wear a pair of sandals, (open toes)! Was thinking what brand and model shoe most bowlers use. I wonder how important is the shoe in scores? I have had some great series, and single games not wearing bowling shoes!

Are there any rules against NOT wearing bowling shoes for tournaments ect? I can’t find anything in regards to surface of shoes! I am thinking that as long as they are dedicated shoes that you use only for bowling, and they do not in any way mark, or damage the approach, they could be CALLED BOWLING SHOES, and Legal!

If I did not have nerve damage in my lower back, I am sure I would wear standard bowling shoes, but as is, its cause more pain then a human being should have to endure!! I guess I could go to a shoe shop and have a slide surface attached to my left sandle... hummmmm ,,, not a bad idea self!

WHAT BRAND AND MODEL DO YOU WEAR, AND IS YOUR AVERAGE ABOVE, OR BELOW 200! ( interesting to see the bowling average, in relationship to shoe, and model)

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Dexter SST5, above 200
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 723

Michael, you could probably rig up a pair of bowling shoes like sandals, cut the toe section out and just keep the laces really tight......

i wouldn't think there would be a problem, i can think of a few pro's that wear a tennis shoe on the non slide foot. never the less, you could always confirm before signing up for the tournament.

I wear etonics...
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

I actually called the USBC regarding wearing sneakers while bowling. They said there is no rule against it. As long as the shoes do not leave marks on the approach, then they are legal. However, not all bowling centers will allow you to wear sneakers, regardless of the rules. They say it's a safety issue. Really it's a money issue. If your wearing sneakers, then people around you, including the hacks who come in once every 5 years, want to wear there sneakers, and the center loses the $5 per person they charge for shoes.
    Trying not to suck, one day at a time.

Chats: 25

The local pro shop guy AZBowla's Girl took her Spongebob ball to gave us an interesting idea: Get a pair of shoes that you like, could be dress shoes, tennies, sandals, whatever you want so long as it has a fairly flat sole with not too much tread (the less the better) and use some industrial strength epoxy to glue some velcro to the bottom. Let that cure overnight and then all you need to turn them into bowling shoes are some interchangeable soles that you can then attach to the velcro. Pretty slick idea! I'm thinking of getting some really cool looking Converse All Stars and trying this idea. AZBowla's Girl of course wants some purple ones to match.

We have a guy that bowls locally that got his shoes custom made. Bought a Snake skin on ebay and took that to the local shoe place and they made them into bowling shoes.

I use Dexters pretty comfortable and it's what I have used for 15 years so no reason to change
    average 185-200 depending on the league.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Cranker
    Chats: 7

I use Dexter SST 8!

Zothen

Chats: 326

If you actually did want to slide, you could just by the interchangeable sole and glue it to the bottom of your sandal, like AZBowla said. I saw a guy at a tourney wearing a pair of Nike's that did that.

Chats: 243

What if you used something like this?

i wanted these but the gf wouldnt let me
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Nice shoe, but need open toe!!

Quote Originally Posted by e-tank View Post
    What if you used something like this?

i wanted these but the gf wouldnt let me

I have seen that pair before, and If I could cut the toe area out and it still hold together that would work.
    My problem is that my toes need to be free!! It causes pain when I have them compressed inside a shoe for periods of time.

I can handle it for, a short period of time! Every time I have bowled with bowling shoes my feet start to ache, begin to tingle, and feel like they are going numb, then Pain! This is related to a back injury I am sure! With OPEN TOE sandals I don’t have that problem, might look into having them done professionally!

I bet it would help my bowling to be able to slide! I guess I could adapt a Dexter interchangeable sole,,, hummmm ,,, wonder what slide surface to put on the shoe??

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast