Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adrian Peterson!!

Chats: 0

Considering I live in Green Bay, I was not a big fan of seeing my defense look like a bunch of 5th graders trying to tackle him. If the Vikings were playing any other team, I would have cheered for him to get the record.

I will say this.....he is without a doubt the league's MVP. The vikings would be maybe a 5 win team without him. Yeah Manning is having a great year, but the Broncos would probably still have won their terrible division even with Tebow. Brady and Rogers both are great and the Patriots and Packers wouldn't be half the teams without those guys. But the Vikings without AP would be much worse off.
    Cheers - Ryan

Ringer
    Chats: 23

MVP award is always a popularity contest, that will never change.

I have never really understood the whole MVP award in team sports when each players jobs are so different. How do you compare Apples to Oranges to Pumpkins?

I think they should scrap the MVP award and go to a positional mvp award. Kind of like Gold Gloves in baseball.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Vikes 3-13 last year with crappy rookie Ponder. This year Ponder not much better but AP on a tear. Oh, and the Vikes have no receivers besides Harvin who's been out for quite a while now. Ponder has no receivers, no ability to throw, EVERY defense in the league puts 8 men in the box to stop and AP, and yet he still gets nearly 2100 yards.

IMHO the Vikes don't win even 5 games. That means AP's value to this team is at least +5-6 games over last year's squad. Will he win? I doubt it. Should he? I think so, although I also see the value in the top-notch QBs in the league. But take those QBs off their squad and they are still pretty darn good teams. The Vikes ONLY had AP. Not much else. Just my .02.

I'll be pulling for him for MVP. And I'm not buying the BS that it's a QB only award. That needs to change. This is the year.

ALL DAY AP for MVP!

Like it or not (and I don't) the MVP has become a QB award, just like the Hiesman. Every now and then a running back can sneak in there and get it, so maybe it can happen this year. You can't deny what Manning has done, even if your a huge Vikings fan. I think the best Peterson can hope for is CO-MVP.
    Sinister is the only way to live.

Chats: 19

But the Broncos were a playoff team with Tebow... I dunno... Manning will win, but Petersons year was much more impressive, especially when you consider how much the league is tilted towards the passing game.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    But the Broncos were a playoff team with Tebow.
    Yes but they back into the playoffs. They lost there last 3 (should have lostvthe last 5) and only made it cause the Raiders lost the last 3 also. They were 9-7, and the 4 seed. This year they are 13-3, won 11 in a row going into the playoffs and the team is the same, except for Manning. Peterson is a beast, I wouldn't be shocked to see him win, or Co-MVP, but if Manning wins outright I can't argue with that either.
    Sinister is the only way to live.

Ap carried the Vikings so hard... One can only hope he can pull it off again next year... And hope this Vikings don't blow another early pick on a qb

Chats: 19

There is justice in the NFL!!! Sure, Ray Lewis can stab people to death and still be loved, but at least Peterson won MVP!!!

Lets just hope it wasnt performance enhanced (like Ray Lewis, who came back from a 6 month injury in 2, in his late 30s, to play better than he had played prior to the injury. Seems legit!).
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Yeesssssss!!!!!! Ap all day!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12