Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson!!

Default Adrian Peterson!!

9 measly yards short. SKOL Vikings!

Does he get MVP? I say no (although I hope he does).

Manning deserves it a lot more.

Manning is amazing. Definitely brought that team back to life. I feel like if AP and the stats he put up don't get an MVP, then a running back will not likely ever win one.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

If the team had made the playoffs then AP's chances of earning the MVP would be increased. It happens all the time in sports, the award ends up going to the player who helps their team reach the playoffs. Not always fair or right but this time it does go to Peyton Manning.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

I think Peterson is the MVP, but he won't get it. Let me put it this way, if you take Manning off the Broncos, how many QB's could come in there and make the playoffs with that team. Hell, Tim Tebow took them to the playoffs last year. Put Brady, Brees, Rodgers on that team and they probably are still the #1 seed. Take Peterson off the Viking and find me one running back who you can plug into his spot, and that team makes the playoffs. You won't find a single one. Unfortunately, the NFL is QB driven, and with the rules the way they are the QB is by far the most valuable position on the field. That's why a QB wins every year. So Peyton Manning will win MVP, but to me, Peterson was really the Most Valuable Player.
    Trying not to suck, one day at a time.

Bill, team made the playoffs. Not likely to do much next week AT GB though.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Duh, my mistake. I saw 9-6 record and thought they missed it forgetting about the wild card.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 19

Manning will win MVP, and that is whats wrong with the NFL right now. My Old Mans friend has a 16 year old son, and its amazing how ESPN "teaches," kids the game. As they would say: COME ON MAN!!!

The QBs are the flashy ones, and thats what people want to see now. Yeah, Manning had his neck problem, and thats amazing, but as QB, he is also protected. Who protected Petersons knee??? In todays NFL, for him to come that close to breaking the rushing record after major knee surgery is beyond phenominal, ESPECIALLY considering everyone knew he was getting the ball!!!! He faced 8 men in the box all season long. Amazing!
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

I think what will end up happening is Manning and Peterson will split Comeback POY/MVP awards, which gets which however I think is a coin flip.
    In bag: IQ Tour Pearl, Marvel-S, IQ Tour, Lights Out, Totally Defiant, HyRoad Pearl
    High Game: 300
    High Series: 786
    High Average: 220

Look at the teams that win the Super Bowl, and look at who thier QB's are. Peyton, Eli, Big Ben, Rogers, Brees, Brady. Teams don't win Super Bowls with average QB's. The NFL is all about the passing game, and that's how come QB's win MVP's. They are the most valuable players on the field, no question.
    Sinister is the only way to live.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast