Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What type of bowler are you?

Chats: 19

Default What type of bowler are you?

Sometimes I read posts that make me realize I dont take bowling very seriously... Perhaps its odd Im on this forum. But I enjoy bowling, i like reading most of what everyone has to say about bowling, and I DO want to get better at bowling, I just never want it to lose its fun.

If a time comes when I become to serious to have fun, I think I will quit. I dont see that happening, but Im interested to know:

Are you a serious bowler, or purely recreational?

I tried to submit a poll, but couldnt get it to work...
    Last edited by ArtVandelay; 12-31-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Poll didnt work...
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Cranker
    Chats: 7

I leagues i'm a serious bowler and always want to win,but,I have learned to try and have some fun as well.

Zothen

I feel that I'm a mixture of a serious bowler and a recreational bowler.

Part of me is a serious bowler in the sense that I want to have some type of foundation to become a better bowler. I want to know what type of ball will work for me and the lanes that I'm bowling on.

The other part of me wants to have fun; whether it's bowling in a social league, winning small bets against my friends and shooting high numbers.

I feel that it would be difficult just to be either a serious bowler or just a recreational bowler; to me there has to be a balance between the two.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)
    High league game: 256. High league series: 618 PAP: 3 1/2" over 1" up

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I always have fun. At work I even sing, crack jokes, etc.
    I'm serious about being a better bowler and coach. One thing I stress though is, ALWAYS HAVE FUN. I enjoy this forum. For me it is fun. Practice is fun. Analyzing video is fun. Maybe it's because I like the challenges or I'm just too stupid to know any better. I've been that way with any sport I've participated in. If it seems like too much work, then it's time for a break.
    I can also be caught singing to myself on the approach. Life is too short to not enjoy as much of it as you can.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 0

I gotta say I do it for fun but I like to be the best I can be.....I take that part kinda seriously....the learning and reading about technique. At league or with friends I am having fun.

Chats: 0

I am both. I am a serious bowler to the point that I try to do the best I can that night. I practice to try and improve myself on any weak points in my game. I don't go nuts though and practice every day of the week. If I have a bad night, which happens to all of us now and then, I don't start throwing my ball on the floor and get mad and stop talking to people. If I do bowl bad I usually make jokes about it which relaxes me. I talk to members of the team we bowl against and sometimes we talk about our games if we are bowling good or bad. I have seen people on our league get mad and throw their ball on the floor or swear. This makes the people on the team you are bowling against and your team members plus the folks bowling on either side of you uncomfortable. HELLO! You are not doing this for a living so lighten up. Just to keep things light if I am bowling lousy my team member Trish will tell me hey Stan, you suck. You have to know Trish. She is a nice lady and funny. When she tells me this I laugh and say I sure do. So I like to be a serious bowler but I also want to have fun on league night even if I can't bowl worth a darn. Sometimes you have it and sometimes you don't. That's life. Every day in our life is not a good one but we get over it. So it should be in our bowling.

I am serious enough to try to improve every week, but don;t take it so serious that it drives me nuts. I want to have fun, but I want to win. In the end, I would have to say more fun, recreational, than serious. If your not a pro, it should be more fun than serious.
    Sinister is the only way to live.

Chats: 891

im a serious bowler but to my self but im friendly and stay happy all the time when on the lanes.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Chats: 243

Im like you Art, i play to have fun but also still want to get better
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Chats: 506

i am always serious cuz i am so competitive
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast