Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What type of bowler are you?

I am a serious bowler when league comes around, but when it's purely recreational I just have fun. I shoot consistent 220's during competition/practicing, but when I'm messing around with friends I have to really struggle to get 200. I guess my mindsets are just that different in the two situations.
    In bag: IQ Tour Pearl, Marvel-S, IQ Tour, Lights Out, Totally Defiant, HyRoad Pearl
    High Game: 300
    High Series: 786
    High Average: 220

Chats: 0

I consider myself a serious bowler but not necessarily a competitive bowler. I am somewhat obsessed with having the right equipment. Always trying to add balls or try drillings that will up my performance under different conditions. I've taken lessons from Pros to correct problems, bought the videos and read as many things I can to add to my game when if fits. When I bowl it's always for fun. Whether it's League or a Tournament if I bowl great it's rewarding, if I bowl poorly I try to adjust and correct the problems. I still enjoy it no matter the outcome.

Chats: 36

I thought that the answer to this question was pretty simple, and then I sat down and thought about it. What would you call a recreational bowler who really really really wants to beat you, really wants to be continually improving, feels completely committed to his team mates and is now addicted to keeping up with the bowling tech?

Jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Chats: 1

Serious and fun are not mutually exclusive. It is possible to have both. Serious simply means paying attention to details and taking the time the master the art. That can be lots of fun once you understand the inner working of the game. Try it.
    I live by three simples rules:

1. Don't ever ask about my business
    2. Never discuss business at the table
    3. Don't ever side with anyone against the family

Quote Originally Posted by The German Shepherd View Post
    I thought that the answer to this question was pretty simple, and then I sat down and thought about it. What would you call a recreational bowler who really really really wants to beat you, really wants to be continually improving, feels completely committed to his team mates and is now addicted to keeping up with the bowling tech?

Jay
    You're like a tiger in a petting zoo.

This is a more complex question than I thought at first. I bowl in a senior league and , once in a while, someone begins to experience dementia, has a stroke or diminished physical capabilities. Even if that person is on another team, we all pull for them to do well. I guess that makes the social aspect more important.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Can't one be serious abouth their game, have fun and want their opponent to do well too?
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Blog Entries
    Chats: 5

I'm serious when I bowl by myself or if I'm competing...but I always have fun with friends and family.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com
    In the bag: Columbia 300 Mass Eruption (strike ball), DV8 Zombie (spare)
    High game: 233 High series: 578

Chats: 7

For the most part I'm serious when I bowl, but that's mostly cause I'm trying to get better. That being said, I try to keep that confined to when I'm on the approach. Otherwise I socialize/joke around. That could change if I join a serious league.
    Arsenal: 14# Storm Tropical Heat Orange/Purple; 14# 900 Global Hook! Red/Yellow Solid; 14# 900 Global Train; 14# Brunswick Twister Urethane; 12# Brunswick "The Pearl" plastic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123