Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cosmic bowling adjustments

Blog Entries
    Chats: 5

Default Cosmic bowling adjustments

I know cosmic bowling is just for fun, but I seem to always bowl very low scores during that time...mainly because I can't see the arrows for #*$!
    How do any of you adjust?
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com
    In the bag: Columbia 300 Mass Eruption (strike ball), DV8 Zombie (spare)
    High game: 233 High series: 578

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Since getting back into bowling I have stayed away from cosmic bowling.... As I find it hard to concentrate with blaring loud music, kids running around and not being able to see the arrows well. If you do go, I wouldn't worry about the arrows but work on the rest of your game of timing, balance and form.

Go have fun too, if you aren't able to play the arrows just have a few drinks and play the 1 board! lol, well remember to just have fun.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Chats: 723

This is the main reason most league bowlers hate cosmic, can't see your mark so you don't know if you your even hitting it in order to adjust. personally when i go for practice and find out that its cosmic i start working on footwork and not about scores.

The other side is with cosmic normally comes birthday party's and with birthday party's comes poor lane conditions.
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Blog Entries
    Chats: 5

Yeah it really is just for fun...my wife, who doesn't bowl as much and just got a new ball that I gave her for Christmas, does very well during that time and usually beats me in at least 1 game during a series of games. She got a 165 and of course she posts and brags about it on FB. I congratulate her on it, but she usually sees what I can score regularly. I think I'll just start bowling with a spare ball with her from now on since the lanes are usually broken down and those house and spare balls just go straight most of the time.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com
    In the bag: Columbia 300 Mass Eruption (strike ball), DV8 Zombie (spare)
    High game: 233 High series: 578

Cranker
    Chats: 7

I hate cosmic bowling! It's to loud with the blaring music,screaming kids,not to mention kids running on/off the lanes and interfering with my bowling,the multi colored lights as well as strobe lights flashing all about=miserable bowling experience.

Zothen

Chats: 243

i can deal with everything but not being able to see the arrows. Went sat night to play with my new ball for 4 hours with my friend and i think only a handful of games were over 130
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Ringer
    Chats: 23

A good rule of thumb, when the "cosmic" starts the oil goes away so you would probably spend a good portion of the night finding a line anyway. Have never seen cosmic or whatever you want to call it on decent lane conditions.

One of the alleys I bowl at I would like to know what it is like to bowl right after they oil them as it never seems to happen. Saying that I don't think I have ever seen them use a machine.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Chats: 0

My local alley has glowing arrows and dots. The only problem I encounter is this weird light they have that changes shapes and moves around. If it hits my mark and then moves, I will miss everytime. But all in all I bowl decent with the lights out. I had a high game of 255 last week while cosmic.

I think that using glowing arrows and dots would be a great investment for alleys who offer cosmic bowling so that those of us who go and actually use the marks to bowl can have fun during these times as well. I know that the lanes aren't always the greatest and it can be loud, but it can also be a lot of fun with some of the music and the lights going. Plus it is fun to challenge ones self with these kind of distractions, because if you can deal with these conditions then you can most likely deal with just about anything that comes your way.

Since it is very difficult to see the individual boards and arrows I would recommend watching the break point of the ball. Adjust from that.
    Levi "Lucky" Lauck - USBC Silver Coach - U.B.A. Member

UBowling.com is a new bowling website created as a resource of bowling news, reviews and information to help grow and improve the bowling community.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast