Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is This Guy Nuts!

Chats: 1

My local lane was pushing a adult and child mixed league/workshop where you got one of those plastic customized balls if you registered for the event. They were giving them away for the price of admission. Shows what they are really worth.
    I live by three simples rules:

1. Don't ever ask about my business
    2. Never discuss business at the table
    3. Don't ever side with anyone against the family

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Ebay and bowling balls is a crap shoot. In most cases new balls on ebay are going for the same price from bowlingball.com with free shipping. Might as well just get it from the dealer who will warranty it! Then there is the used ball market, which is bad unless you get a smoking deal, can plug and redrill it yourself or somehow the current drilling fits you perfectly(chances are slim). By the time you put money into the used ball you might as well just bought a brand new one.

My dad just asked me about plugging and redrilling a ball, to which I replied. "Might as well just spend the extra and get a brand new ball seeing as this thing is ancient". Paying for drilling isn't bad, but paying to have it plugged first sucks.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Chats: 891

holly crap thats alot for 1 bowling ball and there is 2 of them hey if those balls are worth that much then i should make a ebay account and make him buy one of my bowling balls lol.

but with all the ebays on this thread only one i like is the one from lockwood 225k for a 20 lane bowling allie lol
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by striker12 View Post
    holly crap thats alot for 1 bowling ball and there is 2 of them hey if those balls are worth that much then i should make a ebay account and make him buy one of my bowling balls lol.

but with all the ebays on this thread only one i like is the one from lockwood 225k for a 20 lane bowling allie lol
    Don't forget, you have to pay the shipping from Romania.
    John

Chats: 243

thats it? I think i have that just lying around the house

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by scottymoney View Post
    Ebay and bowling balls is a crap shoot. In most cases new balls on ebay are going for the same price from bowlingball.com with free shipping. Might as well just get it from the dealer who will warranty it! Then there is the used ball market, which is bad unless you get a smoking deal, can plug and redrill it yourself or somehow the current drilling fits you perfectly(chances are slim). By the time you put money into the used ball you might as well just bought a brand new one.

My dad just asked me about plugging and redrilling a ball, to which I replied. "Might as well just spend the extra and get a brand new ball seeing as this thing is ancient". Paying for drilling isn't bad, but paying to have it plugged first sucks.
    This is exactly what happened with my old ball, i asked how much it would cost to be plugged and redrilled, and there were balls on the used shelf (pre plugged) that would be the same price and not be completely destroyed lol (that ball was beat to hell)

check to see if the pro shop has a used ball shelf, you can find some nice treasures there
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by 75lockwood View Post
    This is exactly what happened with my old ball, i asked how much it would cost to be plugged and redrilled, and there were balls on the used shelf (pre plugged) that would be the same price and not be completely destroyed lol (that ball was beat to hell)

check to see if the pro shop has a used ball shelf, you can find some nice treasures there
    Yeah Ebay is not a very good bowling ball "store". I am going to stop by my pro shop soon and do some price comparisons since my wife and dad are both in the market. I am always in the market but I am going to try and resurface my Madness once to see what happens.
    Equipment:
    Track 100P Spare Ball

Buying from Ebay is only worth it if you don't care how the ball is drilled, and your just gonna throw it the way it comes. After plugging, redrilling, resurfacing, it costs almost as much as buying a new ball. Not worth it.
    Sinister is the only way to live.

Chats: 243

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSinister View Post
    Buying from Ebay is only worth it if you don't care how the ball is drilled, and your just gonna throw it the way it comes. After plugging, redrilling, resurfacing, it costs almost as much as buying a new ball. Not worth it.
    i wont buy a used ball again. I got a DV8 Too Reckless for 20$ which is a good deal but i have to get new inserts and a thumb switch grip molded for me if i wanna use it. This is not taking into account that the span is shorter than mine, and their is a balance hole in it.

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Ringer

I would only buy new in box balls from Ebay and has to be a bargain. a.k.a. at least $10-$20 below bowlingball.com price total with shipping.
    Equipment:
    Track 100P Spare Ball

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12