Thread: Which ball??

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default Which ball??

Well since christmas is just around the corner and my birthday being on january 4th i'll be coming into enough money to buy another ball hooray right Anyways i currently have an original Cell and am looking for something stronger. I was mainly looking at the Cell Pearl and Storms Virtual Gravity. Which ball ya think?? Here is a picture of my current Cell. From watching videos of the 2 balls on youtube i seem to like the VG's reaction more. Does anyone own both of these balls and could tell me how they react for you?
    Edit: Don't know if this helps but i would consider myself a stroker with a medium to medium-fast ball speed. My PAP is 4 1/2 over and 1/2 up.

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

well the cell pearl will go longer so go with the Storm VG and other stronger ball would be the Columbia 300 Resurgence
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by onefrombills View Post
    well the cell pearl will go longer so go with the Storm VG and other stronger ball would be the Columbia 300 Resurgence
    Congrats Brian on 1,000+ posts.

I've seen the Resurgence in action not impressed but that could be due to the bowler not the ball.

I always try to choose the ball by color and what I want the ball to due. (sharp break point, long & strong, delayed reaction)

You seem to have it narrowed down, pick your ball and talk to your Pro Shop on how to drill it to match your style.
    All pins are POSSESSED, I'm just happy to be able to exorcise the poor dears and put them out of their misery.
    It's the least I can do
    High Game: 265
    High Series: 665
    Avg.: 180

I'm a proud member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums

I have a Cell and Resurgence, the Resurgence is stronger but more consistent arc. I am also a stroker, don't do a lot with the wrist, but apply a lot of pressure to my fingers, I wear out gloves (lol) often. After a few nights of the resurgence, I ended up bagging it and looked for other manufacturers. I found Visionary had a nice deal with memberships and equipment. (I've always wanted to try their stuff) but couldn't find any pro shops that dealt with it all because their not in the PBA anymore, so what a Pro doesn't throw their equipment, I sure don't buy balls based on what whom on the pro tour does, I don't throw the ball like they do nor am I that accurate.

I ended up getting 4 balls from visionary, Ogre (weakest) - Immortal Pearl (Get's down lane with break snap), Red Gryphon Pearl (not as long as Immortal) but great consistent break, not snapping. and the Gladiator Solid. This is one ball I like with my game. It's a rolling early ball but has enough energy at the backend to carry well. It's a fresh shot ball - once the transitions start to occur, either move left, pick up speed or switch balls. I tend to switch as I did last night and played the same line with a longer through the heads ball with good break due to oil carry down. I adjusted well last night without trying a few frames - I just did it. made a huge difference when I saw the ball breaking at different points on the lane tripping 4's forward, once I did that, I changed and flushed back up. I went from the Gladiator for 1.5 games, switched to the immortal pearl for the last 2, I did end up moving 4 left with the immortal playing 12-15 rather than playing 5 - 9 straight up.

Most pro shops can give you a good ideal on your needs, but you have to make sure you understand what they are telling you - I went to one and all they told me was this ball had RG and less flare - blah blah blah. I had to educate myself and now understand the RG and flare options. It makes it easier to review balls and get to know your game potential. There is a ball for every style and every game. Good Luck.