Thread: Bowling Sick???

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Bowling Sick???

No I am not sick of bowling, but is it fair to bowl when you have the flu? Should a person stay home until he is over it?

Cranker
    Chats: 7

Yes,a person should stay home! Besides,when I have the flu I don't have the energy to lift a ball not to mention only wanting to sleep.

Zothen

I posted something similar last week. I had a great tournament coming up, and I would be bowling with a fellow Bowlingboards member, but I had the flu. In the end, i just couldn't fo it, i was too sick. If you feel strong enough, go for it, but stay away from everyone else. You don't want to get everyone else sick. I would say stay don't bowl, but who are we kidding, bowling is in all our blood. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be posting here. It's in our soul, and hearts, so if you want to bowl, who the heck are we to tell you to stay away.
    Sinister is the only way to live.

No high fives for you!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    No high fives for you!
    But fist bumps are okay!
    John

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Just wear a mask or something over your mouth so you don't spread germs. I bowl. If I have to pay, I'm bowling. If people don't want me there then they can pay my fee that week.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 19

I think it's not fair to the other bowlers, even if there's only a CHANCE you might be contagious. I'll tell you what....

If you're feeling bad, but STILL want to bowl, at least have the decency to go to the doctor and find out if you have anything contagious. If the doc says you're clear then go bowl! If he says you're contagious, it would be irresponsible of you to go bowl. You need to stay at home and rest.

I'm bad about going to work when I don't feel well, but I think work and bowling need to be considered two entirely different things. Work is what PAYS for bowling. Work is what makes the money necessary to live. If I am feeling awful, but I know I can't miss work (big project or whatnot) then I go because I have to. Bowling is a HOBBY!!! Unless you're on the PBA, and you have sponsors who pay you to bowl, and bowling is the ONLY thing you do to support yourself and your family... Quite frankly, I'm concerned the question is even being asked, and I pray no one in my league would ever consider bowling while sick, and risking my health.

Let's say you're out bowling for fun (practice, league, tournament, etc.), and someone is bowling next to you who is sick... What if you catch it? Now you're missing work because you're sick... I dunno about you, but that would upset me, and I would view the person who bowled sick and passed his sickness on to me selfish and inconsiderate.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Blog Entries

Default The LONE RANGER!!

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Just wear a mask or something over your mouth so you don't spread germs. I bowl. If I have to pay, I'm bowling. If people don't want me there then they can pay my fee that week.
    LOL,,,, I hear you buddy!!! 16 bucks is 16 bucks,,,,, instead of Iceman,,,, I might,,,,, maybe become,,, the LONE RANGER!!! Who Was that Masked Man!!! (((for all of you my age you know that at the end of every episode, those lines were said!!

Mike the LONE Masked Ranger!! HI,,,HO Silver,,,,,,, away!!!

Chats: 0

I bowl on a senior league. One of the women had a wreck and totaled her vehicle.When the wrecker hooked up her car, he asked if he could drop her somewhere. She said "the bowling alley...I'm late". For some, bowling is more important than for others. I say let your conscience guide you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by backlasher View Post
    I bowl on a senior league. One of the women had a wreck and totaled her vehicle.When the wrecker hooked up her car, he asked if he could drop her somewhere. She said "the bowling alley...I'm late". For some, bowling is more important than for others. I say let your conscience guide you.

It’s so deeply embedded into the core of who I am, (bowling), that I sometimes wonder how I lived before experiencing the wonder and excitement of bowling!
    If for some weird reason, due to the Mayan Calendar ending, the world does not end, but all bowling lanes suddenly disappeared, ,,, WHAT WOULD BE THE REASON to LIVE,,,,,,, your wife, family,,, kids,,, grand kids, your dog, cat, bird,,,,,,, Girlfriend, or boyfriend, that new CAR, or motorcycle,,, none would suffice in my opinion!!! Put them all together and multiply them by a factor of One Thousand, and you still don’t get the satisfaction or thrill of a Ringing Ten pin leave on a 299 game!! God,,,, forgive me,,, but I am an addict, and devoted to bowling,,,, Have mercy on my soul!!
    And I just hope, and pray that my grandmother was telling me like it is,,,,, when I ask her what thunder was as I was sitting on her lap as a young man of 26 years,,,, ( “Honey ,,,, everyone knows that it’s the sound of angles, and deceased bowlers, having fun together in heaven!”)
    I still, whenever I hear that sound, think of her! She was the best, and had a way of putting things,, that to this day,,,, I still find disconcerting, confusing, and weird! Maybe that’s why I loved her so much!!