Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HOW EMPTY WOULD LIFE truly be WITHOUT BOWLING

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Who will win the imaginary prize for this Thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zothen View Post
    Life without bowling would be BORING! How would I relieve stress and laugh my *** of watching drunk people bowl. I would miss the comaraudery(sp?)I get with my fellow bowlers,not to mention the help they give me on improving my game. No bowling means miniture golf and that by far is more stressfull trying to get a ball into a hole,then getting a ball into a pocket. My world would be shattered without bowling for bowling is my life and will always will be for as long as I can bowl.

Zothen
    Put it in prose, dig deep into the heart, and give me your heartfelt feelings on how dismal like, or living would be without a bowling ball in your hand!!! Dig,,,dig,,, it’s in you …. Put it into words!! I want to Feel your pain!!!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Put it in prose, dig deep into the heart, and give me your heartfelt feelings on how dismal like, or living would be without a bowling ball in your hand!!! Dig,,,dig,,, it’s in you …. Put it into words!! I want to Feel your pain!!!
    Sorry Mike, but but there are enough real life horrors, I refuse to contemplate imaginary ones.

I may not be doing everything that I can to keep this great game/sport going for future generations, but I am doing something.
    John

Chats: 0

This isn't imaginary for me! I had a total left hip replacement on December 28th and won't be cleared for bowling until September when the league starts again. Right now, I'm at home alone because my wife went bowling. So if the question is what would YOU do if bowling didn't exist, the answer is live vicariously through others who do. If there were no such thing as bowling, I'd have to find another way to fill the hours.

Ringer
    Chats: 23

How about less depressing thoughts and more talk about bowling instead of what it would be without bowling. Let's appreciate what we have than to think of what it would be like without.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Banned
    Chats: 68

On a semi-related note, many years ago ('80s) I asked the question... If you would never get another strike for the rest of your life no matter how well you threw the ball, how long would you continue bowling?

I mean how much disappointment can you put up with?
    Last edited by Mike White; 01-07-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post

I've been married 20 years, so....quite a bit.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    On a semi-related note, many years ago ('80s) I asked the question... If you would never get another strike for the rest of your life no matter how well you threw the ball, how long would you continue bowling?

Random Positive Reinforcement. Hey, I must have actually learned something in one of the psychology classes I took at UCONN!

Seriously, If you knew you'd never throw another strike, you'd probably quit right away. Likewise, if you're a serious bowler expecting to improve, you would probably quit after a number of games with no strikes. But, if you're a casual bowler, who is used to getting strikes randomly, you'll go much longer since you're always hoping but never really expecting a strike.
    John

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by scottymoney View Post
    How about less depressing thoughts and more talk about bowling instead of what it would be without bowling. Let's appreciate what we have than to think of what it would be like without.
    I am going to have to give you an F ,,,,, on that answer!! NO PRIZE! Sorry! Santa....

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Wow Bill,,,,

Absolutely, without a doubt, very good writing!! All you thoughts have a twist to the DARK SIDE,,, which is very interesting!! Did you have a good childhood? Who were you closer to,,, Your Mother, Father, or commanding officer???
    Commanding officer. My father was an abusive alcoholic. Mother was a manipulative, guilt trip giving psycho. Them splitting up was the best thing that could have happened to my brother and I. Luckily he was young enough to not realize how poor we were. I stayed in school but worked full time since 12 and have worked steadily since age 8 just to try to help out. But my upbringing was not really different than anybody else's. We've all had our share of hardships and dysfunctions.
    It's not the tragedy that defines who we are as a person but how we handle the tragedy. --- An excerpt from the eulogy I gave at my granddaughters memorial service and something I really believe.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

I'm going through getting a security clearance right now. They kept asking people what I did in my spare time and everyone just responded that I bowl...a lot. Pretty accurate. I bowl nearly every day since I've got nothing else to do with my life at the moment.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast