Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Contest Jan 07, 2013 to Jan 13, 2013 - Storm IQ

Nice, Strom IQ looks like a solid ball. Saw someone with one of these over the weekend.

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by panbanger View Post
    actually it's make 100-200 posts in your first couple months here, and win. But what the hey...
    100-200? 1400-1500..... Lol
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Posting with reckless abandon does seem to be the formula, but hey they want traffic on the site and you need conversations for that to happen.
    In the Bag: Storm Marvel Pearl, Storm IQ, Columbia 300 White Dot
    In the Locker: Storm Tropical Breeze, RG Defiant, RG Bandit

It took my about 350 posts to win a ball. i already have one of these so I hope i dont get picked.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    In the bag: Storm IQ, Storm Lucid,Storm Frantic,Brunswick T-Zone .
    High Game: 299 High Series: 725

This ball has an IQ of 217.11, PURE GENIUS!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums.

Quote Originally Posted by americantrotter View Post
    Posting with reckless abandon does seem to be the formula, but hey they want traffic on the site and you need conversations for that to happen.

That's not nice, and what's wrong with many conversations? point of the community

Chats: 0

Sounds like a damn good ball good luck everyone!

Was merely pointing out that members who post a lot in short time periods seem to win the ball. It makes sense from an odds perspective. I also pointed out it keeps the convo going.

There are many ways to run a website and at times there were not a lot of new posts on this website in the past. Reckless abandon posting has brought the site the ability to stay fresh. However it does seem that members winning the balls have all been around for only a few months and all have post counts around several hundred. (It's not like I am a long term member myself, so this isn't old fashioned snobbery)

I would submit that there are so many threads and so many random posts that it makes it harder to have a coherent dialogue about a lot of topics. But to each his own. I keep coming back, the site is getting more posts, so it must be going well.

I merely answered a question the results back up. How do you win a ball? Past winners posted a lot and over short time periods.
    In the Bag: Storm Marvel Pearl, Storm IQ, Columbia 300 White Dot
    In the Locker: Storm Tropical Breeze, RG Defiant, RG Bandit

Quote Originally Posted by americantrotter View Post
    Was merely pointing out that members who post a lot in short time periods seem to win the ball. It makes sense from an odds perspective. I also pointed out it keeps the convo going.

There are many ways to run a website and at times there were not a lot of new posts on this website in the past. Reckless abandon posting has brought the site the ability to stay fresh. However it does seem that members winning the balls have all been around for only a few months and all have post counts around several hundred. (It's not like I am a long term member myself, so this isn't old fashioned snobbery)

I would submit that there are so many threads and so many random posts that it makes it harder to have a coherent dialogue about a lot of topics. But to each his own. I keep coming back, the site is getting more posts, so it must be going well.

I merely answered a question the results back up. How do you win a ball? Past winners posted a lot and over short time periods.
    Lol fair enough, i did post what 1500 times in 2 months? LOL

on a money earning perspective it's great for the site, every time someone loads a page that loads 2-4 ad's, each post involves opening the main page, opening a sub forum, opening the edit page, opening the newly create post, and repeat for responding. i can imagine that makes a good chunk of change when some nut comes in and post's 1500 times in 60 days LOL

and besides, its fun having 4 different conversations with bill in 4 different threads at the same time lol

Ringer
    Chats: 23

How to win a ball? Simple answer, don't try! I come to this site to help others, help myself with tips from others and to enjoy talking about bowling with other people like myself who love the game. Yes I won a ball shortly after joining but I stay on the site for more than just winning balls. I didn't even know the site gave away balls when I first joined.

Winning a ball is hardly going to help my game, well at least nowhere near as much as the tips and ideas I get from the people of this great site!
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast