Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowling bags, quality question?

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Default Bowling bags, quality question?

I currently just have a single KR Strikeforce bag, because they make NFL logo bags (diehard Miami dolphins fan). Is there a difference in their quality over other manufacturers? If so, is there a preferred brand?

I ask because I'm shopping for a new ball, which will bring my total to 2 balls (and 3 if I buy a plastic spare ball at some point), so I'll need a new bag. Just wondering if there is a quality difference, since the other manufacturers don't offer pro sports branding.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

huge difference in quality, not so much in manufacturers as in performance lines.

I'm a huge fan of Storm Rolling Thunder line of bags, if you get a 3 ball one of those it will last you a decade - if you buy something cheaper, well, you'll get what you pay for.

Other manufacturers have good 5/7/10 year warranty bags in their premier lines as well, which I'll be are very comparable.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by dnhoffman View Post
    huge difference in quality, not so much in manufacturers as in performance lines.

I'm a huge fan of Storm Rolling Thunder line of bags, if you get a 3 ball one of those it will last you a decade - if you buy something cheaper, well, you'll get what you pay for.

Other manufacturers have good 5/7/10 year warranty bags in their premier lines as well, which I'll be are very comparable.
    Cool, thanks for the info now I know what to look for!

Chats: 243

Gf has a strike force Charger dbl roller and the quality is awesome. I agree with the Hoff on the storm rolling thunder though. In regards to that, you get what you pay for
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Chats: 204

I have an XStrike 2-ball bag and the quality has been disappointing. Recently the metal piece where the shoulder strap attaches has started to rip the fabric...so it's only a matter of time before it rips completely. I shoulda known better...I think it cost like $25.99...but still. It seemed pretty decent quality at first. But yeah, I'd have liked it to last longer than 3 months.

Chats: 55

Just remember to get BIG wheels - no matter if it's two, three, four or more. Seems like everyone (myself & hubby included) complain about any bag that has smaller wheels. I have an Elite 3 bag roller and I love it. I have to say I researched quite a bit, but was so set on having purple, I may have given up some quality, but so far I am very, very happy with it's endurance.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Chats: 256

I have been happy with my Storm Streamline 4 roller bag that I have had for going on 5+ years.
    Nothing ripped, cracked or otherwise broken on it. That includes being sent on planes and handled the way we know baggage is handled.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 221

KRStrikeforce makes high quality bags and they stand behind their products. I have had them warranty bags that were out of warranty because there was a defect. They also make all the bags for brunswick

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I have an XStrike 2-ball bag and the quality has been disappointing. Recently the metal piece where the shoulder strap attaches has started to rip the fabric...so it's only a matter of time before it rips completely. I shoulda known better...I think it cost like $25.99...but still. It seemed pretty decent quality at first. But yeah, I'd have liked it to last longer than 3 months.
    Yeah, that's basically what I'm trying to avoid. Whatever I buy I want to last for a while hopefully.

Chats: 39

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    I have been happy with my Storm Streamline 4 roller bag that I have had for going on 5+ years.
    Nothing ripped, cracked or otherwise broken on it. That includes being sent on planes and handled the way we know baggage is handled.
    I bought (1-2 year old) streamline 3 ball roller off my dad after he bought a 4 ball roller......It's by far the best of the 3 different roller bags I've used. My buddy swears by the roto grip bags and rollers though. I guess it seems like most of the main brand bags are good enough, I can't remember ever hearing someone complain about them.....just the cheaper budget brands you got to be careful with I guess.
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast