Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your goals?

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by JAnderson View Post
    I'd like to win a PBA regional event. I'm looking forward to picking out the colors on my banner. I may still be several years from achieving that goal, but there it is.
    Well that is a great goal to strive for, I would need to be a lot more consistent before I ever thought about entering a regional. I'm happy being mediocre (not great, but not terrible)
    All pins are POSSESSED, I'm just happy to be able to exorcise the poor dears and put them out of their misery.
    It's the least I can do
    High Game: 265
    High Series: 665
    Avg.: 180

I'm a proud member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums

Goals - I missed this post before....

As per my video posts, my goal is to rid the cranker out of me, an exorcism may be needed.

Average 220 on THS, 200 on PBA/Sports patterns.
    Beat my 62 Year old Coach - (Stroker with a great mental game and smack talker - keep him out of my head)
    Get the 800, tired of 790 series (All were with cranker style) - Actually do it with Stroker release.

300's are not a big thing for me - everyone is doing it. I'm not one to want 1 good game and end with a 680 series, I want consistency for the big series. There's only about 3 - 5 800's shot a year at our house, and about 40 300's. Funny thing, all the 800's shot last year (none included a 300) and all of them were stroker's. (all of them averaged 225 better on THS too)

This kind of proves my point on long run strokers versus crankers. I'm not taking anything away from crankers, cause I still like to rip the coverstock off the ball when I play around to wow and ohhhh people with the power strikes and bigtime decorative splits.
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Goals - I missed this post before....

As per my video posts, my goal is to rid the cranker out of me, an exorcism may be needed.

Average 220 on THS, 200 on PBA/Sports patterns.
    Beat my 62 Year old Coach - (Stroker with a great mental game and smack talker - keep him out of my head)
    Get the 800, tired of 790 series (All were with cranker style) - Actually do it with Stroker release.

300's are not a big thing for me - everyone is doing it. I'm not one to want 1 good game and end with a 680 series, I want consistency for the big series. There's only about 3 - 5 800's shot a year at our house, and about 40 300's. Funny thing, all the 800's shot last year (none included a 300) and all of them were stroker's. (all of them averaged 225 better on THS too)

This kind of proves my point on long run strokers versus crankers. I'm not taking anything away from crankers, cause I still like to rip the coverstock off the ball when I play around to wow and ohhhh people with the power strikes and bigtime decorative splits.
    Great views. I like the idea of bowling good all of the time, than bowling a 300 and then 150 every game.

I hope your goals come true.

Chris
    Go Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    Great views. I like the idea of bowling good all of the time, than bowling a 300 and then 150 every game.Chris
    Well tonight, I shot 9.5 FBA with 680 series, and a guy on my pair avg 180, shot 300, 149, and 158. A stunning 607 - he got cocky after first game and bowled me for $50 a game, he lost $100. Says I got lucky. This is exactly my point on today's game. This guy also ended with an 8.9 FBA. He said the carry down effected him. He couldn't play 10 board. Sorry about his luck. I moved to 20 with feet and played up 5 - 7 board, shot 279 and 258 last 2 games. I just said "trying moving off 10 - if you know where that is" He didn't like that too much. Oh well, there's always next week.....10 may be there again for a game or so.

Quote Originally Posted by kev3inp View Post
    And here I thought it was to win the scotch doubles with Kat and sweep us all in the Bragging Rights tournament. I don't plan on coming in last again this year!
    Kat and I don't have much of a chance in the scotch doubles. The bragging rights tournament is fun, but at three games across three pairs on three different conditions, it's anybody's tournament to win. You don't have much time to get lined up and a couple of breaks either way can make or break you.
    JJ "Better than Jello" Anderson - Kill the Back Row

The bragging rights tournament is fun, but at three games across three pairs on three different conditions, it's anybody's tournament to win. You don't have much time to get lined up and a couple of breaks either way can make or break you.
    This sounds like fun and entertaining......

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

I'd like to win a PBA regional event. I'm looking forward to picking out the colors on my banner. I may still be several years from achieving that goal, but there it is.

I am sure you will win a regional. We have faith in you here at BowlingBoards.com
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 3

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

let's see, my goals for the year have been:

-maintain 190 average ...I'm up to 188 now
    -bowl a 700 series ...could have had one the other day and I screwed that one up, oh well, next time.
    -qualify for the local pro am tourney this year.

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jord_84 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new here.

let's see, my goals for the year have been:

-maintain 190 average ...I'm up to 188 now
    -bowl a 700 series ...could have had one the other day and I screwed that one up, oh well, next time.
    -qualify for the local pro am tourney this year.

Great goals. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Chris
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by ThongPrincess View Post
    My goals are:
    1- Continue improving timing and release - For some reason my timing was a complete mess at the start of the season. With the help of a friend and coach we found it was the first step
    2- Build a better/stronger mental game
    3- Continue to look at success in terms other than score
    4- Regain the confidence I lost over the past few years - If I am successful on 1 and 2, this will be a no brainer
    It has been a few weeks and I feel I am definitely on the right path with my goals. the timing is much improved. I have actually received comments from teammates and fellow bowlers. The comments range from my accuracy has improved considerable to I am rolling the ball more aggressively. Personally I have noticed more consistency in hitting my target, the ball speed is back up, the ball and foot are more in sync on the first step and the long loose arm swing is back.

I am not getting frustrated over missed spares, poor shots, or low scores. While they are disappointing, I am back to being able to shrug it off and go on to the next shot, next game, next set. I am more relaxed.

I am still measuring success in terms of execution and I have to say I am finding most nights as very successful despite the scores. What I have noticed the past weeks is the scores happen to be improving also. My lowest game over the past 2 weeks has been a 125, and that was game 1 2 Mondays ago. Aside from that the lows were in the 140s. Prior to the change in focus I was regularly shooting in the 110s - 150s. My high games had been in the 160s - 170s. Since the change in focus I've shot a 191 and three 200+ games.

Finally the confidence is back. I no longer doubt myself on every decision I make. If I feel I need to move my feet, target, or both I make the move and still keep aggressive on the shot. I feel good about my bowling. Tonight we were on 1 & 2, the pair with a reputation of being the worst pair in the house. Three weeks ago my Sunday team was scheduled there i shot 133-132-133 and was 2nd high on the pair. Tonight I shot 157-174-169. The other team was intimidated by the pair and shot several sub 120 games between them. I will admit I got some help from a friend. I told him I was getting over/under and couldn't find the pocket. He watched a frame and told me wrong ball. i switched from the Whirl Wind to Game Breaker and was clean except for 4 frames - 3 splits and a washout from frame 5 in game 1 to the end of game 3.

I am definitely a happy bowler
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast