Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What are your goals?

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by ThongPrincess View Post
    It has been a few weeks and I feel I am definitely on the right path with my goals. the timing is much improved. I have actually received comments from teammates and fellow bowlers. The comments range from my accuracy has improved considerable to I am rolling the ball more aggressively. Personally I have noticed more consistency in hitting my target, the ball speed is back up, the ball and foot are more in sync on the first step and the long loose arm swing is back.

I am not getting frustrated over missed spares, poor shots, or low scores. While they are disappointing, I am back to being able to shrug it off and go on to the next shot, next game, next set. I am more relaxed.

I am still measuring success in terms of execution and I have to say I am finding most nights as very successful despite the scores. What I have noticed the past weeks is the scores happen to be improving also. My lowest game over the past 2 weeks has been a 125, and that was game 1 2 Mondays ago. Aside from that the lows were in the 140s. Prior to the change in focus I was regularly shooting in the 110s - 150s. My high games had been in the 160s - 170s. Since the change in focus I've shot a 191 and three 200+ games.

Finally the confidence is back. I no longer doubt myself on every decision I make. If I feel I need to move my feet, target, or both I make the move and still keep aggressive on the shot. I feel good about my bowling. Tonight we were on 1 & 2, the pair with a reputation of being the worst pair in the house. Three weeks ago my Sunday team was scheduled there i shot 133-132-133 and was 2nd high on the pair. Tonight I shot 157-174-169. The other team was intimidated by the pair and shot several sub 120 games between them. I will admit I got some help from a friend. I told him I was getting over/under and couldn't find the pocket. He watched a frame and told me wrong ball. i switched from the Whirl Wind to Game Breaker and was clean except for 4 frames - 3 splits and a washout from frame 5 in game 1 to the end of game 3.

I am definitely a happy bowler

EXCELLENT!!! Thank you so much for the update. I think you are doing great things. Also with being a coach, people will look at you and see what you do. I think with being a coach people expect you to be composed and strong when it comes to emotions such as missed pins and such.

GREAT WORK!!!
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    EXCELLENT!!! Thank you so much for the update. I think you are doing great things. Also with being a coach, people will look at you and see what you do. I think with being a coach people expect you to be composed and strong when it comes to emotions such as missed pins and such.

GREAT WORK!!!
    Thank you! I didn't even give the best when it comes to scoring. Monday due to MLK I didn't work so I got to my 6PM league rested. What a difference 147, a slow start with spare shooting, 206-205 My teammates want me to call in sick to work every Monday

I have to say coaching the kids has helped me re-evaluate success. I enjoy talking to the kids after their league, especially the ones I didn't get to work with. When they had a good session it is fun to share their happiness and tell them congratulations! If it was not such a good day it is an opportunity to have them look at why. I love when they tell me they didn't bowl up to their potential. We then talk about why they feel that way, isit because of the scores or was there something wrong with their mechanics. More often than not it is the scores. Next question is what could you have done differently if they say nothing then they did the best they could that day and we talk about next week and what they might try. So I guess you can say I am trying to practice what I preach
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

I have four goals
    1: Maintain my concentration for three consecutive games
    2: Finish the season with a 190+ average (strarted with a 149 book)
    3: not kill the guy on my Men's team that is always telling me what he thinks I am doing wrong.
    4: Have the best time possible on my Saturday mixed team with my Wife (we need the together time)
    Ted Domey
    Reformed Candle Pin Bowler

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by Seamistlark View Post
    I have four goals
    1: Maintain my concentration for three consecutive games
    2: Finish the season with a 190+ average (strarted with a 149 book)
    3: not kill the guy on my Men's team that is always telling me what he thinks I am doing wrong.
    4: Have the best time possible on my Saturday mixed team with my Wife (we need the together time)

Great goals. Please keep us posted on your outcomes
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 3

I'm 1 pin away from my 190 average goal....I'm confident I can knock that one off my list after next Tuesday.
    My new goal: being named to my town's womens all star team.
    There's an annual luncheon held every year to induct people into the local bowling hall of fame, and they honor 4 all star teams as well.
    I'd like a spot at on that team this year.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

One my goals is to have a better understanding of reading the lanes on a consistent basis. Sometimes i get into my game too much and lose focus. My past goal, although one can always use practice and help, is to be consistent with my spare p/u. I've done a whole lot better with breaking my wrist, slowing my ball speed and hitting my mark. That is with my primary ball (Hammer RoadHawg). I recently won a Brunswick TZone ball from a new years event held at Brunswick Mesa.(By the way, thank you Brunswick Mesa for the ball. I had fun on New Years Eve and love your bowling center!) Now I am practicing using it strictly for spares. But like I mentioned above, lane reading is my most concern right now...that and consistency...
    Current Ball: Hammer Road Hawg
    Current Spare Ball: Brunswick TZone
    Current Bowling Center: Brunswick Mesa
    Current League: Saints and Sinners

In the continued efforts of improving my game, here is where I'm at...
    Low Game:92 (really bad day!)
    High Game:211 (awesome!)

Status of league play: As of 3/08/2009
    Last League play average: 171
    Running average: 157

Quote Originally Posted by Seamistlark View Post
    I have four goals
    And goes to show there are more pro's at local houses than the 1 or 2 statistically shown. Good luck with that - I have 1 on my Wendesday that does get under my skin at times.
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 0

My "Cookie" coach, I pay him in Oatmeal Raisin Cookies has been working with me on a different release. I have been working with it this past week in league. Wednesday night I got through 2 games using it and found my wrist a little tired the third game so went back to the old release.

Tonight I used the new release exclusively and was successful the first two games. I got a little sloppy game 3. The old release was with the hand more at the side of the ball, not a suitcase release but the thumb in the 11-12 o'clock position for a more down and in shot. The new release is with more of an open hand, the thumb is between 9 and 10 o'clock position. I project the ball more left and let the lane take it back to the pocket. I have to stay behind the ball and stay aggressive on release to get around the ball. I have tried this in the past, but did not have confidence resulting in not staying aggressive.

Anyhow tonight was not only a good night execution wise, but score wise also 210 - 198 - 155 = 563. I am having so much more fun now that I am evaluating based on execution rather than score. The added bonus is scores are improving. My "Cookie" coach commented he can see the confidence returning and he likes what he sees in attitude and execution. He has given me a new target for series from 500 to 540. I know I can do it as long as I don't put emphasis on it
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

not in any order but here are my goals..
    1-shoot for a 300 game
    2-average 200or better....
    3-800 series
    4-continue to be consistent
    5 be more consistent on spares (7) pin pick ups..i,m leaving too many here lately.
    .and spares in general....

so here it is #1 being the one i,m really going after then #2 then #5 then#3 but most of all #4.....

these are my goals.....
    jason poe
    Personal Game Highs
    299 & 300 (Back 2 Back Weeks)
    Current average 209
    proud member of [U]bowlingboards.com

the biggest thing for me to work on or continue to work on is staying under the ball and coming out from behind the ball consistent and laying it down smoother....
    jason poe
    Personal Game Highs
    299 & 300 (Back 2 Back Weeks)
    Current average 209
    proud member of [U]bowlingboards.com

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast