Thread: 400 series last week to a 500 series this week!

Default 400 series last week to a 500 series this week!

WOO! It's been a good few weeks bowling for me. Last week I shot my first 400 series ever, this week I shot my first 5 series ever

Opened up with a turkey, then an open, then another turkey for a 184. Second game was a 161, 3rd game was a 172 for a 517 .

Average last week. 147.
    Average this week. 172.

Not too shabby for only bowling 3-6 months wouldn't you say?

I had like 5 500's in a row then a 450 and another 500+

this week was my first time with my new ball (frantic)...436. it's drilled slightly different. tighter thumb hole (techically how it should be, first ball it's too big so i squeeze a bit), and ring finger about 1/8 inch longer.

I also didn't have time to throw it before league at all. so i only threw it a few times during warmups. I stuck with my virtual energy the first game, but I swear just the practice shots with the frantic threw me off. I was throwing harder than normal, and I wasn't hitting the pocket at all.

2nd game I threw a 199 after getting annoyed and deciding **** it, may as well see if I can figure out the frantic. hit 199 with it.

the ball is gonna take some getting used to, but I have to say, when it hits the pocket it decimates pins. I just need to get comfortable with it

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Keep up the good bowling! Remember, spares are the key to the game.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Chats: 891

nice job keep up the good work...

i have been just like you last 2 weeks only 400 series but for 3 weeks in a row 531-562 and a 599 but then last week i just saved my self to throwing a 417 shot a 151-75 and then a 191 but there was not one drop of oil on the lanes i had to loft the ball half way down the lane soo it would move into the pocket instea dof moving in to early

haha yeah by the 3rd game in our league last night I had to move at least 15-20 boards over and throw the same line because of how dry it got. there was NO oil track on my ball. My friend did what you did too, threw it 3/4 down the lane in hope that it would go to the pocket.

Lots of pocket shots for me consisted of leaving the dreaded 10 pin up. Rats. I don't even have a plastic spare ball yet (end of this league I'll get one)

Chats: 891

yeah i hate when they dont oil the lanes but i got a plastic ball but i barly use it only mainly for my splits i use my black widow i have for my spare ball even on my 10 pins all i do is do my normal back swing but a change wth my hand in stead of my hand being in the middle of the ball or having the point to the wall i point the ball to me and on my way down i rotate my wrist in to me putting abit of a spin on my ball going right so it will do a little hook right instead of left it come in handy i rarly miss my 10 pins that way