Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A ten pin away!

Default A ten pin away!

I have never had a 300 game or a 700 series. I typically average in the mid 190's.

Last night was the second week of our league. I bowled a 215 followed by a 216.

In the third game I opened with a strike, then in the second frame I shot a 9 and left the 10 pin. I then promptly missed the 10 pin which is very unusual lately.

I followed that with 10 strikes in a row for a 268.

Final series was a 699

Oh well, there is always next week! I will say that 268 and 699 are my new highest sanctioned scores so I'm not really complaining.

Super Moderator
    Chats: 91

Congratulations, I haven't had a 300 either. However I have had two 700 series so far. I keep looking for a 300. I had a 279 once that got me into the finals of a tournament, and that is my best so far.

Keep up the great work.

Super Moderator
    Chats: 91

You said this was the second week of league? What kind of league are you in? Most of them around us run forever (35-36 weeks) except for summer leagues. It would be nice to get some shorter ones going.

Quote Originally Posted by johncongdon View Post
    You said this was the second week of league? What kind of league are you in? Most of them around us run forever (35-36 weeks) except for summer leagues. It would be nice to get some shorter ones going.
    It is just a small company league. It is only 12 weeks long and we only have 6 teams. I figured it would be a good way to get started back in league bowling since I have been out for a long time.

I plan on joining a more traditional league when the next season starts.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

The sport league that I bowl in breaks it's season into 12 week segments. It seems to have helped increase the size of the league.
    John

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    The sport league that I bowl in breaks it's season into 12 week segments. It seems to have helped increase the size of the league.
    All leagues should do this, in my opinion. 36 weeks is a long time for a league. And even if you bowl all 36 weeks, if it's split into 3 sections, you feel like you're starting fresh every third. If you get in a hole in a 36 week league, many times you can't dig your way out. This is how you lose bowlers. At least with a fresh start every 12 weeks, you don't feel like you're just being an ATM for the leading teams.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Congrats on the great game. Once you shoot your first 700 the rest will be much easier. Best way to get over that hill is to focus on 1 shot at a time. I know before I shot my first 800 all I ever thought about was getting to at least 500 after 2 so I could give myself a chance. That is the worst mentality to have because you mentally beat yourself up for not carrying a shot or missing a spare. Just focus on making 1 good shot at a time and the scores will come.

Ringer
    Chats: 32

my highest series is only a 661.. still some way from 700

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    It will come, don't give up!!
    It will definitely come. I haven't been back on here in a while but I shot a 723 the last night of that league (233,245,245). I have had a few 700's since then. On to 800 now.

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Nice!
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast