Thread: My test drive with the new RG Wrecker

Chats: 36

Default My test drive with the new RG Wrecker

Took the new Wrecker out yesterday to see what she could do. When I got to Blue Valley Lanes, I was happy to see that the lanes had not been oiled yet since last night's two league shifts. I really wanted the shot to be totally broken down. Terry gave me a lane that had been bowled on by a ladies doubles league where nearly everything thrown would have been polyester balls. This would guarantee a load of carry-down - yummy!

I bowled a total of five games and they went like this (in order) - 196, 201, 214, 216, 234. Half way through a sixth game, a solenoid broke in the pin-setter so Terry wanted to move me to a different pair, but I told him not to bother. My back was aching and it was time to call it a day. Too bad, though, as I had thrown the first 5 strikes in a row...

This ball performed the way I had hoped for - late roll and good hitting power. I have it drilled 6 inches from pin to PAP and the CG kicked out some - pretty much a stacked lay-out from the looks of it.

Jay
    Last edited by The German Shepherd; 01-12-2013 at 11:41 AM.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

Good to hear, I've been thinking of buying a Wrecker as my next ball. I am looking for something to replace my 607A, and this might do the trick. This would be more of a medium oil ball for me, I need something really weak like the Natural Pearl when the lanes break down.
    Last edited by RoccoRock; 01-12-2013 at 02:09 PM.
    Trying not to suck, one day at a time.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Jay, I take it you're satisfied then?
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 0

I'm getting this ball soon, I'm definitely looking forward to using it.
    Average: 206 High Game: 300 High Series: 712
    In the bag: NEW ADDITION - Roto Grip Wrecker, Storm IQ Tour Pearl, Storm Reign of Fire, Roto Grip Defiant, Roto Grip Dark Star, Ice Storm