Thread: The Blue Hammer and I were smokin' on league night tonight...

Chats: 0

Default The Blue Hammer and I were smokin' on league night tonight...

Tonight was a total dream night of bowling. I bowled a 220, 214 and a 247. That totals up to a 681 scratch series. I had two opens, nine spares and nineteen strikes for three games. Being a lefty I started with the toe of my sliding foot on the center dot. When that started going away I went one board to the right. Then that broke down and I moved another board to the right. I stayed in that groove until the third game at some point and moved one more board to the right. I was bellying the ball between the second and third arrow and sometimes it bellied too far to the left and hit the second or third board from the gutter but it hooked back to the pocket real nice for a strike. I couldn't believe how good my ball was workin' tonight. And the correction moves I made all through the game worked like a charm. Some nights no matter what move you make you can't find those strikes for nothin'. The only thing I had to concentrate on tonight was keeping my hand behind the ball until my release. Throwing my 14# Blue Hammer tonight just felt real good.I picked up my spares real good tonight and only opened twice. It is amazing how on some nights you can't do nothin' wrong. I will absorb this night for a while because they don't come often enough. Sometimes you and your ball work together real well. I'm lovin' the Blue tonight. She did me proud.

Great job and congrats.

LOVE those nights where it all goes right.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Nice, good to hear you had a good night always fun bowling well I have had a lot of recent success with my Vibe has the same core as the Blue Hammer but resin instead of urethane of course

Good job! It's nights like this that keep us coming back.

Congrats. I had a similar league last night....214, 227, 238 on lanes that most everyone else was struggling on. Felt pretty good stringing strikes on difficult conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by swingset View Post
    Congrats. I had a similar league last night....214, 227, 238 on lanes that most everyone else was struggling on. Felt pretty good stringing strikes on difficult conditions.
    What oil pattern were you bowling on THS, sport or PBA? Those were similar to my games. No matter what kind of alley oil you were bowling on those were good games
    and you had to work for it. Congrats.