Thread: Elite Platinum Three Ball Carrier

Chats: 0

Default Elite Platinum Three Ball Carrier

My lovely wife in adition to a nice new bowling ball bought me an Elite Platinum 3 ball roller for christmas. Heres the breakdown.

Pro's- It apperars to be a very sturdy and well built bag. The material seems to be heavy duty and well stitched or seamed.
    It has a detachable shoe carrier thats velcroed on and has a metal clasp that holds it to the bag. Not sure why thats a pro but it seems like it could be handy.
    It has lots of storage...a bag on top next to the shoe spot for accesories and a long pouch along the side for other gear.

Con's- The wheels are rather small and closely set together. This causes it to tip over at times when making sharp turns or when it bumps into something. The are also small enough that snow could be an issue.
    It has a carry handle but no shoulder strap...if it's snowy or rough going you have to carry it by hand. With three 16 pund balls and shoes etc. that can be quite a load.
    It has a pull strap instead of a rigid handle. It works just fine but when you set the bag down the handle hits the floor or ground. If it's wet outside or snowy you have to work to keep the handle off the ground. Who wants a wet handle.
    When the carry handle is velcroed together (to make it easier to grasp etc.) it blocks the shoe compartment.

I'm pretty happy with it and am going to keep it for a long time. The biggest pain is the lack of a rigid pull handle and the little wheels. I give it a b+....if it had big wheels and a rigid pull handle it would be an A

Chats: 19

I would imagine "carrier," would have some draw backs as a roller.

Its one of those things: we are so lucky to have loved ones who think enough of us to spend money like that, BUT i lik to buy certain things for myself, so that i will be completely happy with the purchase.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Chats: 0

I'm not sure it is called a "carrier"...it is mean to be rolled but the cloth strap designed for that purpose is lacking...I called it a carrier because it carries my gear LOL.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Rdmonster View Post
    I'm not sure it is called a "carrier"...it is mean to be rolled but the cloth strap designed for that purpose is lacking...I called it a carrier because it carries my gear LOL.
    I think some brands call this type of bag a tournament tote. They seem to be very popular with with the guys in the sport league.
    John