Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DV8 Brutal Nightmare Bowling Ball Reaction Video Review - By bowlingball.com

I've seen this in action. Its not as aggressive as the Nightmare. Very smooth. The guy throwing it is a dv8 staff member and is very good at projecting the ball downlane and it reacted very well on THS. I dont think I could throw it. I have a tendency to get the ball in a hook too early.

Chats: 0

I am considering the Brutal Nightmare for a complement to my Marauder. I figure that I can either go with this ball, the Madness, or the HR Revenge for my heavy oil ball, the Marauder for benchmark/medium oil, and the Misfit Pearl for dry, and have a killer arsenal. I am a stroker with medium speed and revs. Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by zman1974 View Post
    I am considering the Brutal Nightmare for a complement to my Marauder. I figure that I can either go with this ball, the Madness, or the HR Revenge for my heavy oil ball, the Marauder for benchmark/medium oil, and the Misfit Pearl for dry, and have a killer arsenal. I am a stroker with medium speed and revs. Thoughts?
    Go with whichever one you want. I've seen the Brutal Nightmare and Revenge thrown by Strokers with average revs and 14 mph speed with some success (they all say they love their ball). I own two HRR and love them on heavy oil. I'm a tweener with speed around 18-21 mph and 410 rev rate though.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 506

ill take a hook in the box =D ill throw down the 2nd arrow and see what it does =D ( i am a low rev high speed player lol )
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

guy here won a ball from the local shop in a raffle and picked the brutal nightmare

I would call him a stroker. 14 mph with 150-200 revs and he gets good movement from the ball and great pin carry.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 5

mine finally showed up last night (over a week late). i have tomorrow off so i will get to throw a few games with it before friday night league. idk why but i was super super excited about this one.
    in the bag: DV8 brutal nightmare, DV8 hellraiser revenge, DV8 misfit, Columbia 300 encounter
    60% of the time, it works every time

Chats: 0

i would be interested in what you think of the BN compared to the HRR. I am considering both, but leaning towards the BN.
    Style: 14-16 mph, 275-300 revs
    Stats: 170-180 average, 257 high game, 649 high series
    In the Bag: DV8 Marauder Madness and Marauder

I won this ball in a raffle, and my driller suggested a pin-down layout so it would be a little different from my other two balls (I wish I could tell you the specs for the layout, but I just don't know). My typical shot is around 13.5 mph and I have an average amount of revs, and so far I'm loving this ball. I don't have to put any hand in it at all to get it to turn. My other balls are going to be staying in the bag for a while!

Incorrect per bill....removed to save space
    Last edited by mxjosh; 03-31-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by mxjosh View Post
    My coach (dv8 staffer), says the line up would be:

Nightmare
    Revenge
    Brutal Nightmare
    Terror
    Hell Raiser
    Madness
    Diva
    Marauder
    Reckless
    Too Reckless
    Misfit Green
    Misfit Pink
    Misfit Orange
    Misfit Pearl
    If you posted this accurately then I would request proof of his being a DV8 staffer. First, the green, orange and magenta Misifts are the same ball with different color options. Second, there isn't a pink Misfit. Third, the Marauder is rated for medium to light which is below either Reckless. Fourth, the Terror is below the Revenge.
    Of course, all this info is readily available on DV8's website so this guy obviously couldn't even be bothered checking the correct info before spewing false information.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast