Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DV8 Brutal Nightmare Bowling Ball Reaction Video Review - By bowlingball.com

magenta is pink..lol

And yes, the different colors changed the strength of the ball slightly.
    I've owned both orange and green. There's a difference. green is the strongest of the colors.

guess I gotta take what you saying with a grain of salt. lol

I own the Marauder, it is NOT a light oil ball regardless of what it is rated at. I use it to play inside on Route 66...45ft oil pattern.
    Too Reckless is not stronger than the Marauder at all. It is very mellow when thrown back to back with maruader. Reckless is similar to the Too Reckless, just slightly more angular.
    The Terror is weaker than the revenge per my list. not sure what u getting at??

I've seen him throw all of them. he knows what he is talking about.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

The magenta looks more like a dark purple to me rather than pink.
    Were the two Misfits you threw drilled the same and thrown on the same lane with the same pattern on the same night? Seriously, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure among other stuff can affect reaction from day to day. The more consistent the bowler the less affect slight changes will have.

I read your post wrong with the Revenge and Terror. Evidently you read mine wrong also as I never said Marauder was a light oil ball. Medium to light oil is not the same as light oil.

As for which is stronger, I guess that depends on what you consider "stronger". To me, it's the amount of oil the ball can handle while still maintaining it's designed characteristics. Using that criteria, my Reckless is stronger than my Marauder. However, the Marauder has a stronger angle off the break point.

As for using the Marauder to play Route 66 inside, that's exactly what Kegel suggests on that pattern http://www.kegel.net/V3/PatternLibra...rn.aspx?ID=601

I've used every DV8 ball extensively with the same layout with the exception of the Brutal Nightmare. Given how much a layout can affect ball reaction, with different layouts on a THS these balls could all be almost interchangeable depending on the bowler's style.

I will say, this is the first time I've ever heard anybody suggest that the pigment used for the coloring will affect a ball's reaction.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Blog Entries

I just had to check. I was correct. Magenta is a purple, not a pink http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magenta
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

2nd opinion?

"Orange and Blue is the smoothest and weakest of all the Misfits. Yellow and Magenta is the earliest and strongest, and Green and White is the longest and most angular."
    Bryan Bannach
    DV8 Regional Staff Member

I don't get your insistence on the pink/magenta thing to prove a DV8 staff member wrong...but whatever helps your argument to yourself.

(Pic removed to save space)

Pay attention to Mike Machuga's review of the reckless and marauder.
    http://youtu.be/7wQHn3oY4Lo
    With your nitpicking on inconsequential terms I will leave it alone after this post.
    Last edited by mxjosh; 03-31-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mxjosh View Post
    With your nitpicking on inconsequential terms I will leave it alone after this post.
    So people posting/saying/perpetuating false information is inconsequential? Do you have an e-mail address for this source? I'm seriously curious how the same core, cover, filler, etc except the coloring pigment affects the ball's reaction.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Blog Entries

I just watched the video again and paid attention to what Machuga said. Now being a knowledgeable and educated person I understand that they are comparing these balls on a THS. Yes, the Marauder has a stronger back end reaction. There, now I've said it at least twice in this thread. Now use the Reckless and the Marauder on a real pattern, like the Brunswick. Which ball will retain more if it's original characteristics? The Marauder will still have a sharp break point. Too bad it will be too far way that it will hit the 3-6 light. The Reckless, on the same pattern thrown right after, will be more controlled (as designed) and hit the 3-6 a bit heavy.
    What's it prove? Nothing really. It's just a real comparison that wouldn't necessarily translate to every bowler. In my opinion, the Marauder is a better fit for more people I've seen bowl than the Reckless. I personally don't really like the Too Reckless as much but have seen several people who like that one better than the Reckless or Marauder.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Blog Entries

Why does my pic of the magenta Misfit have more of a purple hue than yours? By the pics, we could both be correct and wrong at the same time.
    Last edited by billf; 03-30-2013 at 10:36 PM.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

My real ball pic vs your rendering pic. You can't research something as simple as this?

Blog Entries

The pic is straight off the DV8 website. I did research it. That was where wiki said magenta is a purple hue, not pink, as well as several other sources including paint samples. Maybe you should actually do some real ball reaction research yourself instead of regurgitating what others tell you.
    Last edited by billf; 03-30-2013 at 11:07 PM.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

You are arguing that the DV8 rendering is what the ball really looks like?
    If you are really a bowlerx staff member, have them help ya out.
    Idk how not to laugh at this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast