Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Age to start a child bowling

Cranker
    Chats: 7

Creating the new Tiger Woods is an insult to our sport! You need to create the new Pete Weber,this way your son can go around saying"Who do you think you are,I am the new king of bowling."

Zothen

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Quote Originally Posted by Zothen View Post
    Creating the new Tiger Woods is an insult to our sport! You need to create the new Pete Weber,this way your son can go around saying"Who do you think you are,I am the new king of bowling."

Zothen
    Tiger Woods was used as it was also a shot at me as I want to teach my son to golf at a young age when they are easier to teach form.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

My son just turned 5. He is growing up in a bowling alley. His mother and I are both tournament bowlers. We are in a different house almost every weekend, and if they have an open lane, you will find him bowling on it. Its nice to watch the crowd of people he gets to watch him throw the ball. He started bowling when he was 2. When not in school he averages about 6 games a week. This is his first year of league bowling, he averages 95 with a high game of 170. Two handed....rips the cover off the ball.
    Even when we are at home, he plays bowling on the floor in the basement. He calls it his "carpet Shark pattern". Priceless....

Blog Entries
    Chats: 116

As soon as the child can walk and has structure in their lives and can follow spoken direction, that is a good time!

Also make it fun! The heck with the gutter balls or how many pins they can take down. Focus on form and getting the routine down pat!
    In the Bag: Hammer Nail, Smoke and Fire #13 RG (2.53) Diff (.055) - Bowling a 189 Game
    Open Average: 171 High Open Game: 226
    Tweener; Deep; Medium Loft; Low Backswing ; Speed: 12 MPH

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    My son just turned 5. He is growing up in a bowling alley. His mother and I are both tournament bowlers. We are in a different house almost every weekend, and if they have an open lane, you will find him bowling on it. Its nice to watch the crowd of people he gets to watch him throw the ball. He started bowling when he was 2. When not in school he averages about 6 games a week. This is his first year of league bowling, he averages 95 with a high game of 170. Two handed....rips the cover off the ball.
    Even when we are at home, he plays bowling on the floor in the basement. He calls it his "carpet Shark pattern". Priceless....
    Carpet Shark Pattern... LOL! Sounds like an awesome Trick Shot pattern for Norm Duke to tackle!
    In the Bag: Hammer Nail, Smoke and Fire #13 RG (2.53) Diff (.055) - Bowling a 189 Game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Take him bowling. Eventually he may even want to do a bumper league. I have kids as young as three in our bumper league and they all have a blast.
    Bumper league you say? Sounds like fun! I should tell my sister about this. We took her oldest (6 years old) bowling a couple of weeks ago and he had a blast! The bumpers where broken on the lane we where on but he didn't do too bad! Around 40 was his average.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RoccoRock View Post
    Yes, Belmo, and Osku Palermaa as well both started when they were 18 months. My daughter is 8 months, and I'm counting the months to get her started
    Belmo's dad owned a alley. So that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12