Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell me about the Japan Tour that's comming up next week.

Chats: 243

Quote Originally Posted by GeoLes View Post
    The bowlers were ultra conservative in their delivery.
    I noticed that too. Meanwhile you had guys like sean rash and palermaa on the other side reving it up
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Cranker
    Chats: 7

Japanese fans are very different from American fans! American fans will yell,scream,cheer and get into fights. Japanese fans are very respectful of sporting events and as you saw,they do not make very much noise and they clap with those air wands.

Zothen

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by GeoLes View Post
    I did not know wha to expect. I half expected the crowd to yell "Banzai" on every strike. I certainly did expect to see more energetiic "end-to-enders" and flashy attire and post strike rituals. Someting akin to a PW celebration). But not even a fist pump. The flashiest thing about it was the stupid "what do you call those things they bang together in the basketball game to try and distract the foul shooter?" . It seemed very out of place in pro bowling. The crowd was very reserved and respectful. The bowlers were ultra conservative in their delivery.

By no means did they "Bowl Gangam Style"
    The Japaneese culture is very reserved and respectful. Sometimes annoyingly so. The younger people tend to be a bit looser, as with all countries. Can you imagine if they acted like it was a South American soccer game?!?!
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 1

Reminds me of the old "Dick Tracy" TV series character "Joe Jitzu". He would grab the bad buy by his gun and slam him round the whole time saying "So sorry.... Excuse please."

On the other side, MIko's performance was awesome.
    I live by three simples rules:

1. Don't ever ask about my business
    2. Never discuss business at the table
    3. Don't ever side with anyone against the family

anyone notice mika wearing a columbia 300 shirt?

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by sukeetoshyoo88 View Post
    anyone notice mika wearing a columbia 300 shirt?
    I didn't notice that. I think that Columbia 300, Ebonite, Hammer, and Track are all owned by the same parent corporation. I don't know If Mika changed sponsors within the group or what. I've often noticed Bowlers wearing one of those four jerseys using a ball or two from one of the remaining three on TV. Likewise I've see Storm bowlers using Roto Grip balls and visa versa.
    John

ahhh. i didn't know that. i only knew ebonite and track were together and storm/roto brunswick/dv8.
    i guess that would explain why norton was using the first blood, or what looked to be the first blood during the chameleon championship.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by sukeetoshyoo88 View Post
    ahhh. i didn't know that. i only knew ebonite and track were together and storm/roto brunswick/dv8.
    i guess that would explain why norton was using the first blood, or what looked to be the first blood during the chameleon championship.
    Ebonite, Track, Columbia 300 and Hammer are all owned by Ebonite International. That's why you'll often see Mika, Scott and a few others switch logos and use different brand balls. Norton was using the Enigma and the First Blood and also on today's PBA League show he was using some sort of Ebonite ball.
    Average: 206 High Game: 300 High Series: 712
    In the bag: NEW ADDITION - Roto Grip Wrecker, Storm IQ Tour Pearl, Storm Reign of Fire, Roto Grip Defiant, Roto Grip Dark Star, Ice Storm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12