Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pba league

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    If PDW threw it any slower it would have gone backwards! His ball didn't hook, it got bored going so slow and wandered lol
    Yeah with the oil patterns they bowled on all weekend, PDW was throwing it really slow.

I was kind of surprised they used the Diva all weekend. Russell and Machuga both were leaving tons of 10 pins during practice. Machuga did try the Brutal Nightmare during practice for a bit but went with the Diva for the shows.

Ciminelli made the Brutal Nightmare look great though. Now that he is with DV8 I think they have some good bowlers that will boost marketing. Russell did use the Misfit Pearl during practice but I don't think it made its way on any of the shows.

Sometime today I will put up my post on being at the PBA League tapings live. I saw all the shows and will comment on the whole weekend in general. I will try not to spoil any of the results for anyone but more broad comments and thoughts from the weekend. If you do have any specific questions towards things, feel free to comment on my thread I start or PM me if you want to know specific details on things that would ruin results for anyone.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by americantrotter View Post
    Made me like Weber more, which is interesting cause I thought he was a bit of a jerk beforehand.
    I agree. I always used to root against PDW, mainly because he seemed to be the antithesis of his dad. In the singles format I think a lot of what he does is an act. Part of it is to play to the audience. Part of it is to get in his opponents head.

With the team format, his desire to win makes him focus more on helping his teammates than on being PDW, the baddest m***** f***** on the lanes.
    John

Chats: 1

Great to be ablel to see many of your favorite bowlers on the same series. Usually it is just down to the few finalists. I don't quite unerstand the pattern howerver 50 feet? That is a fact the may have gone over the casual viewer's head. That leaves just 10 feet of dry boards. It would be helpful if I new more about the oil distribution. I liked the challenge of each bowling getting only one shot at each lane, not being able to get the nuances of each. The winner of the lower bracket has a decided advantage, having bowled each lane at least once. Makes for fun watching.

I too saw only the first ste and half of the second. Thanks for the spoiler. No problem. I watch for the techniqe anyway.
    I live by three simples rules:

1. Don't ever ask about my business
    2. Never discuss business at the table
    3. Don't ever side with anyone against the family

With the right lane being so awful it really added a lot of spice to the contest. It felt a lot like what a part time bowler would deal with. We mostly bowl on teams. Only the really good bowlers or the deluded bowl mainly tourneys.

I was pleased to see the DV8 guys and all of the different bowlers I hadn't seen before.
    In the Bag: Storm Marvel Pearl, Storm IQ, Columbia 300 White Dot
    In the Locker: Storm Tropical Breeze, RG Defiant, RG Bandit

Ringer

At one point during the weekend there was a sign mishap and one of the guys had to go fix it. And the lady sitting behind me says "he is going to mess up the oil". I had to quickly point out to her and others around me that there is no oil at the ends. There really needs to be classes on this stuff!!!! Told my wife that 50' is about the longest pattern and that the last 10 feet if not more will always be without oil.
    Equipment:
    Track 100P Spare Ball

Cranker
    Chats: 7

Most people that attend are recreational bowlers with some league bowlers mixed in. I was surprised that PDW was not yelling"Who do you think you are,I am." PDW was actually calm and that was strange to see.

Zothen

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Zothen View Post
    Most people that attend are recreational bowlers with some league bowlers mixed in. I was surprised that PDW was not yelling"Who do you think you are,I am." PDW was actually calm and that was strange to see.

Zothen
    Just wait, he gets into it on other shows.
    Equipment:
    Track 100P Spare Ball

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123