The Thrash Frenzy has the most has the most back end motion of any MOTIV ball to date. I drilled mine up 80* x 5” x 40* to enhance the natural motion for this ball. On a medium volume house shot, I can play some pretty impressive bank shots off of the dry outsides. It’s as if someone kicks the ball left at the break point. This certainly can generate “oohs” and “ahhs” from the audience. But, on the fresh oil, I generally tend to choose a more even rolling ball, like the MOTIV Raptor Talon, Venom Strike, or the original Thrash Solid.

The best time to use this one is on medium to long patterns when the heads are fried, and you need a ball to retain as much energy as possible, while playing as deep as you need to. I recently used this ball at the end of a 4 game league session & a few games of practice afterwards on Kegel’s Route 66 pattern (45 feet). By the end of the night, I was playing as deep as I ever have - (between 5th & 6th arrow) and I had some tug left and hook right.

Here is a video of me bowling on Kegel’s Main Street pattern, and that practice session after league on the Route 66 Pattern:

When building an arsenal – you need a skid/flip ball. This is quite frankly the best one I’ve thrown. It’s comforting to know as a I get later into a tournament or league session, that I have that ball ready to go, should I need to open up my angles and maintain my carry.

--Kevin Gallagher—
PBA Member
MOTIV Staff