Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Paul PBa League All-Stars

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Quote Originally Posted by Zothen View Post
    Could you hold a sign up that says"Scottymoney in da house." This way we can put a face to the name.

Zothen
    Sorry they are all taped already. For those who don't know they tape a months worth of shows in a weekend.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Blog Entries
    Chats: 8

I found it to be a lot of fun to watch. Never knew Terrell Owens could bowl. They talked to him and apparently he has been bowling for the past few years. Probably had the best looking form out of all of them.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 116

Quote Originally Posted by TheSheibs View Post
    I found it to be a lot of fun to watch. Never knew Terrell Owens could bowl. They talked to him and apparently he has been bowling for the past few years. Probably had the best looking form out of all of them.
    This past Sunday was a complete JOKE! That Kevin Hart was a complete Jackass!

I did like the last frame though "You where almost champion Kevin!" Now that made it all worth the 2 hours of time that was wasted. LOL
    In the Bag: Hammer Nail, Smoke and Fire #13 RG (2.53) Diff (.055) - Bowling a 189 Game
    Open Average: 171 High Open Game: 226
    Tweener; Deep; Medium Loft; Low Backswing ; Speed: 12 MPH

Blog Entries
    Chats: 5

After watching it tonight, I thought it was pretty good and entertaining! Blake Griffin's first shot was amazing with his 4 pin spinning back the last minute to hit the 10 pin for a strike! I thought Kevin Hart was funny and I know not to take the event as anything serious and neither did the PBA bowlers. The last match was pretty good though with Kevin Hart striking every shot, even though I was going for Chris Barnes.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com
    In the bag: Columbia 300 Mass Eruption (strike ball), DV8 Zombie (spare)
    High game: 233 High series: 578

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by unclemantis View Post
    This past Sunday was a complete JOKE! That Kevin Hart was a complete Jackass!
    He was being entertaining, making the crowd laugh, it's what he does.
    Average: 206 High Game: 300 High Series: 712
    In the bag: NEW ADDITION - Roto Grip Wrecker, Storm IQ Tour Pearl, Storm Reign of Fire, Roto Grip Defiant, Roto Grip Dark Star, Ice Storm

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

Kevin Hart was a classless jerk, and I loved seeing him lose. I know it's just "celebrity" bowling, but you don't laugh in your opponents face when they miss a shot. You especially don't do it when they are one of the 5 best bowlers in the whole world, and you have one of the ugliest deliveries in the history of the sport. I don't find him funny, or entertaining, aside from his appearance in the 40 year old virgin.

It hurts the eyes watching most of these celebrities bowl. TO had a decent style, but it looks like he has some balance issues. Hardwick obviously had the best overall game, and with good reason. His style is a little odd, and awkward, but he covered those 10 pins with ease, and that's what really won them that game.
    Trying not to suck, one day at a time.

I thought the championship match was the best bowling in on TV in the past year. I listen to the Nerdist podcast, so of course I was rooting for Hardwick and Barnes. I thought it was perfect. The celebrities brought their enthusiasm. This event was a charity event. It's designed to raise money for CP3's charity and the PBA participates to raise the profile of the sport.

Asking Kevin Hart to be less like himself is foolish. It isnt a sanctioned tourney. It's fun. It allows people to see good bowling and the lighter side of the players. I liked seeing Barnes talking smack and then dropping 3 strikes to win. That's never going to happen in a real tourney and it doesn't happen if Kevin wasn't amping it up.

Does anyone ever have fun when they bowl or are you the folks I have to bowl with in sanctioned leagues who make the house kill the music? When it's not serious (and this tourney weasn't serious) most people I know have fun with their friends while bowling. I liked it because they made the top level guys look like real people, not just robots.
    In the Bag: Storm Marvel Pearl, Storm IQ, Columbia 300 White Dot
    In the Locker: Storm Tropical Breeze, RG Defiant, RG Bandit

Chats: 1

Finally watched the recording last night. It was awesome. While my favorite bowlers, Chris Barnes, Mike Fagan, Sean Rasch were there, I got to see more "average Joe" type bowlers represented in the celebrities. It was more like fun bowling a the local lane, with light (sometimes heavy) bantor and all. This is how the PBA should popularize bowling to bring it back to the mainstream. Especially pleasing was Terril Owen's bowling, nice form, although he could use stay down and have more balance in the finish.
    I live by three simples rules:

1. Don't ever ask about my business
    2. Never discuss business at the table
    3. Don't ever side with anyone against the family

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by RoccoRock View Post
    Kevin Hart was a classless jerk, and I loved seeing him lose. I know it's just "celebrity" bowling, but you don't laugh in your opponents face when they miss a shot. You especially don't do it when they are one of the 5 best bowlers in the whole world, and you have one of the ugliest deliveries in the history of the sport. I don't find him funny, or entertaining, aside from his appearance in the 40 year old virgin.

It hurts the eyes watching most of these celebrities bowl. TO had a decent style, but it looks like he has some balance issues. Hardwick obviously had the best overall game, and with good reason. His style is a little odd, and awkward, but he covered those 10 pins with ease, and that's what really won them that game.
    Is Kevin Hart a Moron? of course! but that's why it's funny to watch, i think the fact that he is one of the best bowlers in the world right now that made hart making a joke of it "ok" it was a joke, and they all knew that. if i started laughing at someone for missing a spare in a tournament would that be ok? no but it's a different situation.

How Kevin hart manged that 5 bagger is still beyond me... you can't buy that kind of luck lol

it was all good fun, and i love what bill said, "you know, i thought if we bowled 267 we would win" LOL
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Chats: 1

I must disagree. Kevin Hart in NOT a moron. He may act like a moron, but in fact he is not. He is doing what he does to keep fame and money coming his way. I know indivduals like him.
    This was a promotional event designed to entertain as much (if not more) as to enjoy bowling. I think it was a sucesssful event in that respect.

There are other similar fun bowling venues. I recall a Youtube video of a pro bowler (I don't recall who now), who placed a folding chair halfway down the lane and pitched a ball over the chair and got a strike - twice. It is just another great opportunity to relax and enjoy the bowling. The more people enjoy the sport, the more they will be attracted to it. I don't think serious pro bowling will suffer from a few people having fun breaking the rules now and then.
    I live by three simples rules:

1. Don't ever ask about my business
    2. Never discuss business at the table
    3. Don't ever side with anyone against the family

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast