Thread: Whats the diffrence between a Reactive Resin and a Hybrid Resin?

Default Whats the diffrence between a Reactive Resin and a Hybrid Resin?

hey guys whats the diffrence between a reactive resin bowling ball and a hybrid bowling ball? im looking for a ball that will get energy at the back end? i have 3 bowling balls hammer no mercy beatn brunswick absolute inferno and storms vivid they all are reactive resin bowling balls. should i invest in an hybrid bowling and see if its for me or no whats ur thoughts please my bowling peeps

Chats: 243

From what i recall a hybrid resin is a combination of a solid reactive resin and a pearl reactive resin
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Chats: 1

I roll a Raw Hammer Jacked with Reactive resin cover stock. It give more of a midlane break than back end. I get more back end break from my Storm Lucid which has a very strong core and matted coverstock. I also get strong back end from my Brunswick C-System Ultimax. I also have an old, Columbia TI Messenger Pearl which goes really deep and takes a hard turn. The last two are poilshed balls. As I understand it, reactive coverstock wants to grab through the oil giving an earlier break. Pearl coverstock, on the other hand, glides through the oil and breaks more on the back end .

I can't get more technical than that. I like to keep it simple. I leave the technical answers for brighter minds than mine.
    Last edited by GeoLes; 02-08-2013 at 07:09 AM.
    I live by three simples rules:

1. Don't ever ask about my business
    2. Never discuss business at the table
    3. Don't ever side with anyone against the family

Chats: 4

As e-tank has already said
    "hybrid resin is a combination of a solid reactive resin and a pearl reactive resin"
    the pearl will help get the ball through the heads and the solid will help it hook on
    the back end sort of like having the best of both worlds.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill