Thread: ball tester

Blog Entries
    Chats: 116

Default ball tester

How does one sign up to get free bowling balls from the manufacturers to test and try before being released to the public?
    In the Bag: Hammer Nail, Smoke and Fire #13 RG (2.53) Diff (.055) - Bowling a 189 Game
    Open Average: 171 High Open Game: 226
    Tweener; Deep; Medium Loft; Low Backswing ; Speed: 12 MPH

Chats: 16

I think the qualifications would be a good, consistent bowler. Probably averaging around 220 or so (LEAGUE not practice). Maybe also win a few scratch tournaments. At least, that's what some of the guys I know are. And these guys have a couple of 300's on their belt as well.

Even with my 207 average, I'd probably get laughed at, since I sometimes get behind the ball and sometimes I get around the ball, even if the results were good.
    Last edited by ecub; 02-12-2013 at 03:03 AM.
    - Ed

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Equipment: Hammer 1st Blood (RICO Layout @1500 Polished), Hammer Taboo (RICO Layout @2000 Polished), Hammer Taboo Blue/Silver (RICO Layout @4000), Storm Natural Pearl, Hammer Razyr, Ebonite Maxim

League Average (THS): 207
    High Game Score: 279 (9 in a row)
    High 3 Game Series: 788

PAP: 5 3/4 right 1/4 up
    Ball Speed: Mid 15-16 (Tweener)

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Since this is basically the same as how to become a staffer, heres the answer I posted for it.

Here's a post made in another forum:
    Path to free equipment:
    Bowl in every regional in your area - be rookie of the year. Or make match play alot.
    Participate in high level tournaments on real lane conditions. You don't have to win them all but you must bowl well enough to give yourself an opportunity to win.
    Have a good friend that just happens to be a ball rep.
    House averages mean absolutely nothing, sorry but that's the real world.
    For every Amateur or Regional contract given out there are 1000 guys looking, and they all kill house shots. The primary difference between house shots and real shots is accuracy.
    Take a trip and get a CATS analysis, that will reveal accuracy or lack of. Believe me the best in the world can repeatedly hit 3 boards down lane - without lane help.
    Even the number of ball contracts on tour are way down; some companies have even cut staff members. PERFORMANCE COUNTS, nothing else matters.

Here's from Motiv:

STAFF REQUEST RÉSUMÉ INSTRUCTIONS

Thank you for inquiring about a MOTIV staff position. We receive hundreds of requests from bowlers to be on staff and it is very helpful if you complete a bowling résumé that contains the following information. Please prepare the résumé in Microsoft Word.

Résumé Requirements:
    1. Full name, address, phone number(s), and email address.
    2. Description of your bowling background.
    3. Explanation of why you want to be on the MOTIV staff.
    4. Right Handed or Left Handed Bowler.
    5. List bowling ball specs (i.e., weight, PAP, etc.)
    6. Male or Female.
    7. Date of Birth.
    8. Number of years bowling.
    9. Current Average.
    10. 5-Year Average.
    11. Number of sanctioned 300 Games.
    12. Number of sanctioned 800 Series.
    13. List the tournaments you have bowled in over the past 2 seasons.
    14. Are you a PBA member? If yes, what is your number?
    15. Are you now, or have you in the past, been on staff for another company? If yes, explain.
    16. List your bowling titles, records, and other accomplishments.
    17. List all bowling organizations or associations to which you belong.
    18. Provide 3 references from people in the bowling industry. At least 1 from a pro shop.
    19. Provide ball weight and shirt size.
    20. List 3 references and their phone number. At least 1 reference should be from your pro shop.

When finished, please email your résumé to eterrero@edgewaterindustries.com, along with a photograph that could be used on our website or in marketing materials. Thank you for inquiring to be on staff for MOTIV.

Also once you become a staffer, you'll have to spam all the bowling forums with ball reviews of the latest balls from the company, copy and pasted from the company marketing materials. and just remember that the new ball out is the best ball ever made, has better continuation than the last one that had better continuation, and it works perfectly on the condition it was designed for, but it will also work just as well on any other condition and for any style of bowler you happen to be .

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 723

That's some useful information bowl, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Also once you become a staffer, you'll have to spam all the bowling forums with ball reviews of the latest balls from the company, copy and pasted from the company marketing materials. and just remember that the new ball out is the best ball ever made, has better continuation than the last one that had better continuation, and it works perfectly on the condition it was designed for, but it will also work just as well on any other condition and for any style of bowler you happen to be .
    LOL'ed
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Blog Entries
    Chats: 116

I guess the qualifications for Hammer and Storm are the same
    In the Bag: Hammer Nail, Smoke and Fire #13 RG (2.53) Diff (.055) - Bowling a 189 Game
    Open Average: 171 High Open Game: 226
    Tweener; Deep; Medium Loft; Low Backswing ; Speed: 12 MPH