Thread: Let's make Bowling Shoes in the USA!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 30

Default Let's make Bowling Shoes in the USA!

It was only about 12-15 years ago when Linds bowling shoes, the best of the best according to most, moved offshore. Even Dexter shoes are made out of the USA now. Just about every single pair of bowling shoes I can find in a pro shop, department store or online is made in China or some other nation.

This often makes me wonder what it would take to make bowling shoes in the United States again. Personally, I have no idea how shoes are made, though I'm sure The History Channel can give us an idea. At this point, I certainly could not even begin the conversation of how to form leather and rubber.

But I do know that other bowling equipment is made here in the USA (see Ebontie and Motiv bowling balls, among others) and there are quite a few clothing companies here in the USA that manufacture products for other lines of recreation and work. Many of those companies take pride in their work and as I've been told some Linds shoes from the late 1970s and early 1980s are still being worn today.

All this said, however, as far as I can see... shoes are no longer made in these United States, whatsoever.

So I wonder...
    Last edited by SmilingBowler; 02-17-2013 at 10:38 PM.
    RIGHTY STROKER 12-14 MPH (: .)EBONITE Innovate (: .)ROTO GRIP Disturbed
    USBC: Avg: 176.3 HiG: 257 HiS: 631 || Lifetime HiG: 279 Lifetime HiS: 689
    My BowlingBoards Blog features Lifetime High Scores Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Last I knew Red Wing work shoes and work boots were still being made in Minnesota. I almost had to bowl in mine two weeks ago when the traction sole started falling off my SST8s during the third game. Fortunately I had a spare traction sole to put on.
    John

Blog Entries
    Chats: 30

Yes John, I am certain Red Wing shoes are still made in the USA. Wonder how we could have them work with a bowling company like Brunswick or Ebonite or AMF and design and manufacture bowling shoes. Afterall, Red Wing has a reputation of durability.
    RIGHTY STROKER 12-14 MPH (: .)EBONITE Innovate (: .)ROTO GRIP Disturbed
    USBC: Avg: 176.3 HiG: 257 HiS: 631 || Lifetime HiG: 279 Lifetime HiS: 689
    My BowlingBoards Blog features Lifetime High Scores Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by SmilingBowler View Post
    Yes John, I am certain Red Wing shoes are still made in the USA. Wonder how we could have them work with a bowling company like Brunswick or Ebonite or AMF and design and manufacture bowling shoes. Afterall, Red Wing has a reputation of durability.
    And steel toes would be a natural with the potential of dropped 16# balls
    John

Chats: 506

i like it ill throw on some steal toe shoes and bowl in them might keep my leg down =D
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357