Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone can be a pro, Just pay the FEE!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

The move to Michigan was only within the past couple of years. On the road he is Chris Barnes' roommate. Another guy whose focus and attention to detail can come across as standoffish.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 506

Barns has the best physical game out of any bowler i know if imo
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Blog Entries
    Chats: 116

Quote Originally Posted by noeymc View Post
    Barns has the best physical game out of any bowler i know if imo
    Barnes was going to be a Basketball player but that didn't work out. I am sure he would be great at any sport he chooses!
    In the Bag: Hammer Nail, Smoke and Fire #13 RG (2.53) Diff (.055) - Bowling a 189 Game
    Open Average: 171 High Open Game: 226
    Tweener; Deep; Medium Loft; Low Backswing ; Speed: 12 MPH

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by unclemantis View Post
    It looks to me like anyone can bowl in a PBA tournament. just pay the $500 entry fee and roll the dice!
    And you know this how? All 468 of these bowlers have averages over 200 in a league and most likely over 180 in sport leagues. They have worked their guts out to get to this tournament. Putting together arsenals, working hours and hours on their physical and mental game. To bowl in a major, and to bowl with the best. Just because they are averaging 130 or 150 doesn't mean that they're bad. It's one of the biggest tournaments in the world, lots of pressure, lots at stake, and a tough oil pattern.

I definitely have not, and wouldn't even dream of bowling in this tournament yet,(I'm 14) so I obviously wouldn't know exactly how it is like. But I'm sure as hell that they have put in the hard yards and didn't just enter because they have 220 averages on THS and never bowled on a sport shot before.

I'd love to see you bowl one of these tournaments.
    Average: 206 High Game: 300 High Series: 712
    In the bag: NEW ADDITION - Roto Grip Wrecker, Storm IQ Tour Pearl, Storm Reign of Fire, Roto Grip Defiant, Roto Grip Dark Star, Ice Storm

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonKR View Post
    And you know this how? All 468 of these bowlers have averages over 200 in a league and most likely over 180 in sport leagues. They have worked their guts out to get to this tournament. Putting together arsenals, working hours and hours on their physical and mental game. To bowl in a major, and to bowl with the best. Just because they are averaging 130 or 150 doesn't mean that they're bad. It's one of the biggest tournaments in the world, lots of pressure, lots at stake, and a tough oil pattern.

I definitely have not, and wouldn't even dream of bowling in this tournament yet,(I'm 14) so I obviously wouldn't know exactly how it is like. But I'm sure as hell that they have put in the hard yards and didn't just enter because they have 220 averages on THS and never bowled on a sport shot before.

I'd love to see you bowl one of these tournaments.
    Calm down, Unclemantis was not talking specifically about the Masters. I think that his point is more that the PBA now has an element of vanity press in it. You can become a PBA member by maintaining a 200+ average on a THS for a single season. I believe it used to be two full seasons back when balls were weaker and the THS wasn't quite as forgiving. And if you have money to waste you can bowl in some of the tournaments without a PBA card just by paying the entry fee.
    John

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Calm down, Unclemantis was not talking specifically about the Masters. I think that his point is more that the PBA now has an element of vanity press in it. You can become a PBA member by maintaining a 200+ average on a THS for a single season. I believe it used to be two full seasons back when balls were weaker and the THS wasn't quite as forgiving. And if you have money to waste you can bowl in some of the tournaments without a PBA card just by paying the entry fee.
    John, I appreciate you trying to stick up for me. This kid is passionate and has a huge heart for the sport! I LIKE IT!

Brandon, I was being general with a political note when I first posted. Don't loose that fire of yours!
    In the Bag: Hammer Nail, Smoke and Fire #13 RG (2.53) Diff (.055) - Bowling a 189 Game

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by unclemantis View Post
    John, I appreciate you trying to stick up for me. This kid is passionate and has a huge heart for the sport! I LIKE IT!

Brandon, I was being general with a political note when I first posted. Don't loose that fire of yours!
    I'm sorry, it just annoys me when I see these types of posts, I immediately think of the bowlers who put in the hard yards who'd be annoyed to see this tis all.
    Sorry if I came across as rude.
    Average: 206 High Game: 300 High Series: 712
    In the bag: NEW ADDITION - Roto Grip Wrecker, Storm IQ Tour Pearl, Storm Reign of Fire, Roto Grip Defiant, Roto Grip Dark Star, Ice Storm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonKR View Post
    I'm sorry, it just annoys me when I see these types of posts, I immediately think of the bowlers who put in the hard yards who'd be annoyed to see this tis all.
    Sorry if I came across as rude.
    Not at all. This is a forum.

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Had a feeling? Are you serious? After his first interview I knew. My brother-in-law is gay. His significant other was the best friend at my wedding. Two of the best people I've ever met.
    Yeah as soon as you hear the guy talk you can tell, plus his strike song is Katie Perry...... No straight man would use that as their strike song. Great guy though, saw him and his husband with Kelly Kulick at a Denny's after the Saturday night tapings of the Winter Swing in Detroit.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Blog Entries

For the record.

Bowling is bowling.

What you do on your own time is none of my concern. That goes for PW and golfing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123