Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you wear to bowl comfortably?

I wear drywick top and lightwieght khanki pants tournaments and men's leagues. I also wear bowling tshirts in mixed league.

I watched some navy guys do push-ups for the low score each frame. Funny thing I don't live near anything navy.
    Lord Field Amateur Staff
    www.lordfield.com
    "Changing Bowling, One Bowler At A Time"

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Also a creature of habit, khaki work pants, collared knit shirt with a pocket for league. For practice its sometimes a pocket T-shirt. For coaching I often wear a camp shirt with either old pick-up trucks or old cars.
    John

Chats: 0

Well I'm really a nerd on that whole if I look like a professional maybe I'll bowl that little bit better, intimidate who I'm bowling against, or impress some chick thats watching (and isn't going to notice I'm shooting 90 in the 8th lol). So I wear some golf shirts I got at work on clearance, khakis, and this hammer hat I got (mostly so I stop looking at the pins instead of my target).
    High game: 232/High series 587. Arsenal: Hammer Backlash, Tzone Catchphrase: Those pins just got smoked (followed by the double hand pistols) Catchphrase performed rate: 0%
    Faceplants on alley: 2 Reason for signature: everyone here has really fancy ones.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Tokes View Post
    Well I'm really a nerd on that whole if I look like a professional maybe I'll bowl that little bit better, intimidate who I'm bowling against, or impress some chick thats watching (and isn't going to notice I'm shooting 90 in the 8th lol). So I wear some golf shirts I got at work on clearance, khakis, and this hammer hat I got (mostly so I stop looking at the pins instead of my target).
    I like that last part there.. I used to wear a ball cap for the same reason; to focus my eyes on my mark, rather than the pins.
    RIGHTY STROKER 12-14 MPH (: .)EBONITE Innovate (: .)ROTO GRIP Disturbed
    USBC: Avg: 176.3 HiG: 257 HiS: 631 || Lifetime HiG: 279 Lifetime HiS: 689
    My BowlingBoards Blog features Lifetime High Scores Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

Chats: 36

I find that my team mates are more comfortable when I wear clothing...

Jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Chats: 243

yea every time i strike i make some poor leaguette fall in love. My gf gets mad jealous
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Ringer
    Chats: 23

I wear slacks now with a polo shirt for league. Makes it easy as I don't have too much time between work and bowling. I haven't noticed much of a difference between slack or jeans, but at least I look more professional than the rest of the guys!
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

I cannottt bowl in jeans or cargo pants so I wear shorts to league and slacks to tournaments but last night i decided to wear slacks and a polo shirt and I shot 682 which is much better than usual for that house.. I figured I bowl much better in slacks in tournaments I try it for league and I like the results so far.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Some years ago I showed up for league wearing a suit and tie, as I didn't have time to change after going to my wife's office's dinner outing at a nice restaurant. The anchor of the opposing team showed up, also in suit and tie. He happened to be a car salesman and had to work late that day. We both bowled very well that night.
    John

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

Shorts, always shorts. I bowl in shorts, I work in shorts, I play softball, and football in shorts no matter the weather. If I plan on bowling two handed, it's either basketball shorts, or loose fitting shorts, because that delivery is a little more athletic. If it's league, I wear a T-shirt, tourneys a collared shirt. The main thing is comfort, if I am comfortable, that's one less thing I need to worry about.
    Trying not to suck, one day at a time.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast