Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone elses house not clean the backends for league?

Chats: 243

Default Anyone elses house not clean the backends for league?

I was talking to one of the staff at my house the other week after i was having some trouble in my league getting my ball to hook. He said they had a huge party come in before league and thus there was a ton of oil carry down and they dont clean the backends because league is supposed to be harder. I dont know how it works at other alleys but now that i know what i need to do to combat the carry down, this doesnt make bowling harder, it just makes me bowl like curlie becton from bb.com. Is this common?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Chats: 0

Sounds like they're not dressing the lanes before league, period. I wouldn't bowl a league in a house that gives you the crapped up remnants of open-bowling, at least for anything other than a screw-off league.

No, to answer your question, that should never be normal and not how my leagues do it. The lanes are oiled and the approaches and back ends cleaned. Every time.

Chats: 16

On rare occasions, it does happen in our house as well. A party before the league, finished later than normal, so they don't have time to properly dress the lanes. If it effects me, then I'm sure it effects other people as well, so why should I complain? A good bowler SHOULD be able to adjust accordingly.

If you have trouble hooking, move right and play a straighter shot.
    - Ed

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Equipment: Hammer 1st Blood (RICO Layout @1500 Polished), Hammer Taboo (RICO Layout @2000 Polished), Hammer Taboo Blue/Silver (RICO Layout @4000), Storm Natural Pearl, Hammer Razyr, Ebonite Maxim

League Average (THS): 207
    High Game Score: 279 (9 in a row)
    High 3 Game Series: 788

PAP: 5 3/4 right 1/4 up
    Ball Speed: Mid 15-16 (Tweener)

@Swingset the lanes are oiled but backends are left as is. My main problem is that im not able to use my balls to their potential because im too busy slowing ball speed and killing revs. I have a couple friends who are cool with the owners so ill see if i can have a chat with them.

@Ecub i had a problem a couple weeks ago but now that i can recognize its not a problem for me. Although after checking league secretary it seems like the majority of the leagues avgs have gone down over time while mine has gone up after i learned about this. Idk if this is related to the carry down or what
    Last edited by e-tank; 02-25-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by e-tank View Post
    @Swingset the lanes are oiled but backends are left as is. My main problem is that im not able to use my balls to their potential because im too busy slowing ball speed and killing revs. I have a couple friends who are cool with the owners so ill see if i can have a chat with them.
    The first pass of the lane machine should be cleaning and stripping the lanes - including the back ends. If they're oiling only, what are they oiling? A dirty lane? Are they intentionally not cleaning the full lane? If so, why?

Sounds to me like they're not doing anything to the lanes prior to your leagues...just a once-a-day clean/oil and you're getting the business end of it.

I'm never afraid of fouled lanes, I can bowl them, but the reason for good lanes is consistency. If I'm being scored relative to someone who is on markedly different conditions 3 lanes down for a 3-game league, how is that fair to either one of us? If they're not dressed prior to leagues, they're recreational lanes and should be bowled as such.

well i see them oiling before leagues with the machine so im assuming they clean the oiled portion only then reoil it. And as for the why its prob because as the staff told me they want leagues to be "harder"

Quote Originally Posted by e-tank View Post
    well i see them oiling before leagues with the machine so im assuming they clean the oiled portion only then reoil it. And as for the why its prob because as the staff told me they want leagues to be "harder"
    Sounds like they are just lazy.

My local center oils like twice a week, and has a messed up oil pattern. (supposed to be a house shot, but there is oil on the 1 board -_-)

So I know how you feel.
    220/300x4/761

I only throw a hyroad

Chats: 5

there are some lanes here that im pretty sure dont strip the oil before they lay new oil down. just plain lazy if you ask me.
    in the bag: DV8 brutal nightmare, DV8 hellraiser revenge, DV8 misfit, Columbia 300 encounter
    60% of the time, it works every time

Quote Originally Posted by maximumslinky View Post
    there are some lanes here that im pretty sure dont strip the oil before they lay new oil down. just plain lazy if you ask me.
    how does it effect the lane if they dont strip the oil before they lay down new oil?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast