Parker Bohn III of Jackson, N.J. and Carolyn Dorin-Ballard of N. Richland Hills, Tex. became the top seeds going into Sunday’s televised championship round at the Cheetah Championship, the seventh stop on the 2008-09 Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour. The final round will be telecast live from AMF Thruway Lanes on ESPN at 1 p.m. EST.

No. 2 seed Patrick Allen of Wesley Chapel, Fla., No. 3 seed Mike Scroggins of Amarillo, Texas and No. 4 seed Jack Jurek of Lackawanna, N.Y. will compete in a stepladder competition to reach top seed Bohn in the finals.

“I have only one game to win everything and that’s the way I like it,” said Bohn, who is looking for his 32nd career title on Sunday and who finished Friday’s match play with a 235.38 average.

Jurek, the only Buffalo-area resident to make the television show and a local fan favorite, is looking for his second career PBA tour title. He finished match play with a 222.47 average.

“Tonight was unbelievable; I have no idea how some of those pins fell,” said Jurek. “This morning I was kind of uptight, and for some reason tonight I calmed down a lot. A lot of friends and family showed up, a lot of people I’ve bowled with in the past and that was great.”

Jurek bowled collegiately at Texas A&M University with No. 3 seed Scroggins and Carolyn Dorin-Ballard, the top seed advancing to Sunday’s final of the PBA Women’s Series, sponsored by the United States Bowling Congress (USBC), Cheetah Championship.

Dorin-Ballard, who finished match play with a 218.96 average, will face off against No. 2 seed Stefanie Nation of Arlington, Texas in the women’s final. Nation finished with a 218.00 average.

“I feel really good about how I bowled tonight,” said Dorin-Ballard. “After Detroit, I knew I needed to change and I bowled every single day over the break. My husband and I (PBA bowler Del Ballard, Jr., who will be inducted into the PBA Hall of Fame in January 2009) worked a lot on my game. A lot of people worked really hard to get me here today.

For the first time in PBA history, the Women’s Series final will be shown first on the telecast, followed by the men’s stepladder competition and men’s championship round. The women’s competition begins live on ESPN at 1 p.m. EST.

Cheetah Championship Format:
The field of 64 players bowled two, 7-game qualifying rounds for a total of 14 games on Thursday, Dec. 4 after which the top 32 players advanced to match play. Bowlers making the cut returned on Friday morning, Dec. 5 for the first nine games of an 18 game round robin match play schedule. The field was then cut to the top 16 players who returned on Friday evening for the second round of match play competition. At the conclusion of match play, the top four finalists will advanced to stepladder competition, i.e. No. 4 vs. No. 3, winner vs. No. 2, winner vs. No. 1 in championship match, aired live on ESPN on Sunday, Dec. 7 at 1 p.m. ET.
PBA Women’s Series Format
The Cheetah Championship also hosts the PBA Women’s Series, sponsored by the United States Bowling Congress. It is the fourth stop on the PBA Women’s Series schedule. The field of 16 players bowled two, 7-game qualifying rounds for a total of 14 games on Thursday, Dec. 4 in which the top 10 players advanced to match play. Bowlers making the cut returned on Friday evening, Dec. 5 for nine games of round robin match play competition. At the conclusion of match play, the top two finalists will compete in the championship match on Sunday, Dec. 7, aired live on ESPN at 1 p.m. ET.

About the PBA
The Professional Bowlers Association (PBA) features the best bowlers in the world competing in National, Regional and Senior Tour events. The organization has more than 4,000 members spanning 13 countries, and nearly one million viewers tune-in to watch the Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour every Sunday on ESPN throughout the season. PBA sponsors include Bayer, Brunswick, CLR, Denny's, Etonic, Flomax, GEICO, Go RVing, H&R Block, Lumber Liquidators, Motel 6, Pepsi-Cola and the USBC, among others. For more information on the PBA, log on to www.pba.com.