Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first time at league.

Quote Originally Posted by sukeetoshyoo88 View Post
    then the next game, i couldn't strike on the right, but was almost perfect on the left. the right lane i kept leaving pocket 10 pins.....what does that mean?
    Probably that the pattern broke down differently on the right lane. Either a different adjustment or ball was needed. (If you watch the PBA league you see it happen to the Pros in a very pronounced fashion)
    In the Bag: Storm Marvel Pearl, Storm IQ, Columbia 300 White Dot
    In the Locker: Storm Tropical Breeze, RG Defiant, RG Bandit

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by Gunz1911 View Post
    I definitly fall into the category of "unable to read the lines" But I have never bowled on a league lane. What would be the best way to practice bowling on freshly oiled lanes, like they do for leagues? Right now I just go to the bowling alley after work to practice on the open lanes.
    Offer to pay the alley extra to put oil out then have nine other bowlers come bowl on the lane with you.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

man, had a semi-horrible night at league last night. my average is dropping, and with little handicap im not doing my team any good..
    bowling the second shift league is difficult....i was going coast to coast with my versa-max during the 3rd game.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 67

don"t be so hard on your self that is what we have teams for to hold us up. when your having an off night the first thing to ask your self is am I focused and following through
    chances are that will be a part of your issue and only you can remedy that by recognition.
    JUDY / JUDY / JUDY...5/24/13 BOWLING RECORD AMF EULESS LANES HG 216 / HS 535
    PIN PALS, "PLEASE, " SPARE ME SOME STRIKES !!!
    I AM A HAPPY...BLESSED...PROUD...MEMBER...BOWLINGBOARDS.C OM

thanks for the advice judy.
    i always try to just look forward, and even though they're care free, it never feels good to bring the team down.

well we ended up playing the same team back to back in two weeks.
    there was a oil to the inside on the 4th arrow, and was able to play comfortably all night with out trying to launch the ball or throw out my arm.
    the first week we lost all four points, and this past week we won 3 of the 4 i believe. (it helps having a team handicap of 147 vs their 60)
    they're probably one the best teams in the league and we were able to beat them with out handicap the first game!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12