Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new bowling video and abit different style.

Chats: 891

Quote Originally Posted by Tampabaybob View Post
    OK, Mike and Bill....keep your eyes off of the young girls and try to keep your mind on the video !! Wow...you guys are Baaaaaad. LOL

Striker......ok, lets start with this. Very much a big improvement on that first video, HOWEVER, you really do muscle the ball quite a bit. What I see is you trying to throw the ball so fast that your feet can't keep up with your arm swing. That's one problem with your falling off to the right. Your speed will come with foot speed but you don't want to do it and give up your balance. TRY to let gravity take the ball down and back, rather than using muscle power, and at the bottom of your swing, just at the point of release, (your explosion point) then a little bit of muscle with wrist and fingers.

Also, although I agree with the right shoulder being lower from the start, you seem to "really" get it low on step two and three. If you watch the video and slow it down, you'll see that your torso leans quite a ways over to the right. I'd say try being " a little" more upright during those first couple of steps and then slightly lower on the last step. Keep in mind you only have about two seconds from the time you start your first step to correct all of this, so it's not the easiest thing to do or feel as you do it. That's why a video is always helpful. Being as low as you are on the last part of the approach somewhat hinders your balance. If you can bring that right shoulder up a couple of inches, I think that may help with your balance.
    thansk bob for bringing this stuff up i will try to work on it and im still oin the process of not muscleing the ball but taking some time because i dont want to do it to fast and mess something else up and with my body going down soon that's because of making my hand go to the inside of the ball witch helps me keep my arm behind me rather then it swing outwards and have no accuracy.

but today in league was hard for me did not do so well only a 400 series was throwing my freeze again but the oil was longer and more volume that the ball was more skidding and i slowed right down to where i was almost doing a 1 step throw.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Chats: 0

Watching you throw those shots, there's no way you should "ever" be shooting a 400 series. Regardless of longer oil. Also, with the longer oil, isn't your revenge stronger for the longer oil? Did you try that ball, and if so what was happening? The freeze is a ball for lighter, medium oil shots, while the revenge would be for longer and heavier oil. Am I missing something here ? Even the reckless I would think should be stronger. If you had used one of the DV8 balls you probably could've maintained a reasonable speed and would've been able to carry better.
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

Chats: 891

Quote Originally Posted by Tampabaybob View Post
    Watching you throw those shots, there's no way you should "ever" be shooting a 400 series. Regardless of longer oil. Also, with the longer oil, isn't your revenge stronger for the longer oil? Did you try that ball, and if so what was happening? The freeze is a ball for lighter, medium oil shots, while the revenge would be for longer and heavier oil. Am I missing something here ? Even the reckless I would think should be stronger. If you had used one of the DV8 balls you probably could've maintained a reasonable speed and would've been able to carry better.
    yeah thing is my other bowling balls are 14lb and the freeze is 15lb and i have tryed throwing my other 14lb balls and they dont recover on the backend that well but my revenge is complete not hooking anymore unless im on light oil i went bowling last ngiht for some some fun and the lanes where dry and could not even get my ball hook much but when i went to a entry lvl ball it hooked liked nothing.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123