Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One more from IL

Default One more from IL

First of all, I'm not really angry. I bowl in a league w/ my co-workers and because I throw a fast straight ball (18-22 mph), they tell me that I'm taking out all of my frustrations on the ball & pins. Before joining my work league, I hadn't bowled since the late 90s & that was only a game or two. I'm pretty competitive, so I've been studying all kinds of videos on Youtube, reading whatever I can find, and that's how I came across this forum. I have three balls drilled for a fingertip grip; a Track Tantrum (15 lb), Brunswick Power Groove Reactive (16 lb), and a Brunswick Revolver (16 lb). I can control and throw the 16 lb balls better than I can my 15 lb ball and generally need a game to warm up. I haven't attempted to throw a hook yet and average 119 with a high game of 171. My problem is being consistent (I know it's harder throwing straight) and not being able to follow my own advice. Everyone that I give tips to either seems to bowl better than me or improves a lot better than they would on their own. I'm hoping to hire a coach in the next month or so and join another league. In the meantime, I'll try to pick up as much information from here as I can.

Chats: 16

Welcome. Where do you live? I'm in the Orland Park, Lockport, Lemont area.
    - Ed

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Equipment: Hammer 1st Blood (RICO Layout @1500 Polished), Hammer Taboo (RICO Layout @2000 Polished), Hammer Taboo Blue/Silver (RICO Layout @4000), Storm Natural Pearl, Hammer Razyr, Ebonite Maxim

League Average (THS): 207
    High Game Score: 279 (9 in a row)
    High 3 Game Series: 788

PAP: 5 3/4 right 1/4 up
    Ball Speed: Mid 15-16 (Tweener)

Quote Originally Posted by ecub View Post
    Welcome. Where do you live? I'm in the Orland Park, Lockport, Lemont area.
    Thank you ecub. I'm in the Joliet, Plainfield, Lockport area. You already know by now that Orland and Tinley Park are just a quick trip down I-80.

Sweet! I bowl around the area, Orland Bowl (Orland Park), Brunswick Zone (Woodridge), Lisle Lanes (Lisle). If Orland is not too far, consider joining Orland Bowl next fall on Monday's. I'm the league secretary/treasurer. We also bowl, for fun/practice after the league. Stop on by to say hello and bowl with us, afterwards.
    - Ed

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Equipment: Hammer 1st Blood (RICO Layout @1500 Polished), Hammer Taboo (RICO Layout @2000 Polished), Hammer Taboo Blue/Silver (RICO Layout @4000), Storm Natural Pearl, Hammer Razyr, Ebonite Maxim

Sweet! I bowl around the area, Orland Bowl (Orland Park), Brunswick Zone (Woodridge), Lisle Lanes (Lisle). If Orland is not too far, consider joining Orland Bowl next fall on Monday's. I'm the league secretary/treasurer. We also bowl, for fun/practice after the league. Stop on by to say hello and bowl with us, afterwards.
    Sounds good! If it's mixed, that's even better, because I need something to do with the wife during the week.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Welcome to the forum
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Welcome to the forum
    Thanks Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBowler View Post
    Sounds good! If it's mixed, that's even better, because I need something to do with the wife during the week.
    Yes, mixed league, 5 person team. Monday's 6:20pm. Starts in the Fall. $20/week. Sanction fees are covered by the league. There's $30 Turkey money around Thanksgiving, which is the person with the highest game with handicap, wins $30. This is per team. Also Christmas potluck, with free bottle of wine per team, which is given by the house.

If you and your wife want to come in before our league ends, I may be able to fill both of you in as pacers, so you both get the feel for the league. I just probably won't be able to put you both on the same team though.
    - Ed

Yes, mixed league, 5 person team. Monday's 6:20pm. Starts in the Fall. $20/week. Sanction fees are covered by the league. There's $30 Turkey money around Thanksgiving, which is the person with the highest game with handicap, wins $30. This is per team. Also Christmas potluck, with free bottle of wine per team, which is given by the house.

If you and your wife want to come in before our league ends, I may be able to fill both of you in as pacers, so you both get the feel for the league. I just probably won't be able to put you both on the same team though.
    Thanks, I really appreciate the invite! We'll probably just start in the Fall because my schedule is full enough as it is right now. Sounds like a lot of fun - I look forward to coming out and I'm sure the wife will too.

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Welcome to the boards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast