Thread: Indiana Shops and Bowling Alleys

Chats: 0

Default Indiana Shops and Bowling Alleys

Hey all,
    I am new to Indiana and bowling in general. Me and my wife starting getting into bowling as something to get us out of our house. And how most things go, I really enjoy it and want to do it a lot more, while she is just fine going every now and then. I am trying to find some good bowling alleys and pro-shops to go to south of Indianapolis.
    I move around a lot and am hoping that bowling will be a good way to fit into new area's and meet more people. Does anyone on here have some good area's I should check out, or Leagues that are hurting for people? I am willing to sub in and out as needed, figure start there until I can actually meet more people. Best part. I'll buy the first round!

Chats: 4

Bloomington has Classic and Suburban. I believe both usually are wanting subs. My mom used to bowl as a sub at both, and seemed to always have a team every league night to bowl with. I think Classic is the better of the two myself, I don't know if suburban still does bowling leagues anymore though. I haven't lived there for 10 years, but its worth checking them out.

I go to classic, I believe Suburban lanes is actually closed down now.

Chats: 4

Suburban closed down? WoW... I remember going there on Friday nights when I was younger. They had neon bowling, with dancing, and pool, with $1 draftss and $1 bowling (per game). But Classic had always been the better for actual bowling.

how far south of Indy? Expo Bowl is a Royal Pin center located in Beech Grove which is just outside 465. It also has a Don Mitchell proshop...that might be your best bet when it comes to an active center with lots of leagues etc.

I am in Bloomington, So about 45-hour south of Indianapolis. I have looked into Expo bowl and plan to go there this week to check it out.

@Koontzy Yes Suburban closed down. Not sure why but it is up for sale now.