Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your strategy when you just can't find your game?

Chats: 0

Default What's your strategy when you just can't find your game?

And every shot doesn't go right. Had a night like that at league a few weeks ago, and then today. I couldn't even break 100. Ugh.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

What's your strategy when you just can't find your game?

When your lost you go back to the basic's. Don't get fancy, straighten the shot out some and keep the ball in play.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 16

I switch to the other bowling ball.
    - Ed

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Equipment: Hammer 1st Blood (RICO Layout @1500 Polished), Hammer Taboo (RICO Layout @2000 Polished), Hammer Taboo Blue/Silver (RICO Layout @4000), Storm Natural Pearl, Hammer Razyr, Ebonite Maxim

League Average (THS): 207
    High Game Score: 279 (9 in a row)
    High 3 Game Series: 788

PAP: 5 3/4 right 1/4 up
    Ball Speed: Mid 15-16 (Tweener)

Blog Entries
    Chats: 30

I do a combo of each. If I can't find my line my first two practice balls on a lane, I switch balls.
    No time to waste.

But in the case that conditions start breaking down in the middle of a game, I may try just shooting it straight, unless we're behind and in need of strikes, in which case, I'll go to another ball and hope for the best. This has worked well about 70% of the time; other times it has taken two or more shots on each lane to find the line, like in practice.. which is the few times it doesn't quite work as soon as I'd like.
    RIGHTY STROKER 12-14 MPH (: .)EBONITE Innovate (: .)ROTO GRIP Disturbed
    USBC: Avg: 176.3 HiG: 257 HiS: 631 || Lifetime HiG: 279 Lifetime HiS: 689
    My BowlingBoards Blog features Lifetime High Scores Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

Chats: 0

What helps me immeasurably is to walk away from the lanes...I take a little walk in between frames and do some arm circles (loosens up the shoulder, tightness is so often at the culprit of a bad game). Breath, relax, clear my head. Get something to drink and come back.

9 times out of 10 it loosens me up mentally and physically.

Chats: 891

well if i can keep the ball on the lane and knock down some pins and able to make the spares im all good because spares make a good game
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

I get mad, throw a temper tantrum, punch an innocent trash can, whisper some profanities into the thumb hole of the ball in question and chuck it into the closest lake. That'll be the last time that ball ever gives me trouble. Then I grab my other ball and let it know what I just did to it's brother.

One of these days those stupid balls will learn not to mess with me.....one of these days.
    In the bag: Roto Grip Defiant Soul, Brunswick BVP Nemesis, Motiv 2Cruel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrOcktagon View Post
    I get mad, throw a temper tantrum, punch an innocent trash can, whisper some profanities into the thumb hole of the ball in question and chuck it into the closest lake. That'll be the last time that ball ever gives me trouble. Then I grab my other ball and let it know what I just did to it's brother.

One of these days those stupid balls will learn not to mess with me.....one of these days.
    LOL!

(shakes "other" fist at old ball at it sails through the air headed into the lake)

=FADE TO BLACK=
    My BowlingBoards Blog features Lifetime High Scores Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

Blog Entries

then audible "splooooosh!" sound effect plays as character unzips bowling bag to retrieve "next victim".

Blog Entries

That method works well in a hollywood script.

I'd direct that movie. Not so sure it'll help the OP @Bendial with a new strategy, however.

Sometimes, we just have to straighten up the shot, stand nearer to the edge and throw at 3 (Righty) or 2 (Lefty) to give the ball room to come back, because we all know it won't come back after ending up in the bottom of a lake. (: .)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast