Thread: Early vs late

Default Early vs late

Hi! I am going to but a new bowling ball and I am just getting started 175 avg and I miss a little to the left or right sometimes and I want to get a early cause it continues through the pins and will make me more accurate. What would you recommend for me?

Chats: 1

If you are missing left or right of your mark downlane, I would focus on some aspect of delivery.

1. Are you walking straight?
    2. Is the swing straight and remains in the "swing slot" throughout the swing? (line under the swing arm just outside the hip)?
    3. Does the arm remain straight through the release and follow through? (If you bend the elbow on release you can "pitch" left or right)
    4. Are you staying down and balanced in finish position?

Your game is only as strong as your basics. Get them down and everything else can be adjusted accordingly.
    I live by three simples rules:

1. Don't ever ask about my business
    2. Never discuss business at the table
    3. Don't ever side with anyone against the family

Chats: 243

what ball do you have right now? And i agree with Geoles. A ball isnt going to fix accuracy
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Rjthebowler View Post
    Hi! I am going to but a new bowling ball and I am just getting started 175 avg and I miss a little to the left or right sometimes and I want to get a early cause it continues through the pins and will make me more accurate. What would you recommend for me?
    What would I recommend for you? -->PRACTICE<--

A new ball won't make you more accurate, if your missing left & right. You'll still miss left & right.

Also: ????"I want to get a early" ????

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

The only couples things I would add are:

What is the mark you are trying to to hit
    Where are you standing as far as lining up at the dots
    Are you trying to direct or aim the ball or are you letting ball do the work
    Are you behind the ball or up the side at release
    How many steps are you taking

For years I always though the ball maded the difference it does but only when you have accomplished all the above points.

He's probably talking about an early hooking ball versus a late hooking ball. An early hooking balls tends to hook in more of an arc sharpe as opposed to a skip/snap angular type reaction. The arc tends to be a bit more controllable which aids in shot forgiveness and the ball wont take off you when it leaves the oil pattern. That transaltes into the "feel" of better accuracy because misses will tend to hold the pocket better on a house shot.